Gravel Truck Driver
Lyman-Richey Corporation Columbus, NE
Primary Job Duties:
- Drives forward and backward for truck loading and unloading.
- Ensures truck is loaded to no more than the legal weight.
- Follows delivery instructions to the job site.
- Drives safely to the job site.
- Uses proper etiquette and customer service when dealing with customers and the general public.
- Completes necessary paperwork in the delivery of product to the customer.
- Keeps the truck clean.
- Performs routine maintenance on the truck as needed: add fuel and oil, change lights, tires, and mud flaps, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comply with DOT requirements to include licensing, vehicle inspection, hours, etc.
- Must have valid Class A CDL with air brake endorsement.
- Drive in traffic and maneuver truck, including backing safely, to load and unload aggregate.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions including city street maps and complete necessary paperwork.
- Ability to move hand and foot controls and understand and follow hand signals while operating the truck.
- Inspect truck from a checklist at the start of each workday, completing the Driver Check-off Sheet which indicates that all systems are functioning properly.
- Ability to climb the ladder on the truck to inspect or tarp the load.
- Ability to hook and unhook the pup from the gravel truck.
- Understand that attendance and punctuality are required each day of work.
- Ability to read and understand the company Safety Manual and Employee Manual.
Apply online at: www.lymanricheycom
| Date Posted
October 2, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| Start Date
| SOC Category
53-3032.00 Truck Drivers, Heavy and Tractor-Trailer
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories