Concrete Mixer Truck Driver
Lyman-Richey Corporation Carson, IA
Attention Drivers! Looking for a better career? Then Lyman-Richey wants you. We are hiring Mixer Truck Drivers. We offer one of the industry’s best pay and benefit packages including health, dental, pension and a more. Plus, you’ll be home every night!
Proudly building this community for over 130 years.
Equal Opportunity Employee/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Mixer Truck Driver
Drives truck equipped with auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix to job sites by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
• Comply with all Department of Transportation requirements including but not limited to licensing, vehicle inspection, and hours of service.
• Inspects the truck as required at the start of each workday, completing the Driver Check-off Sheet which indicates that all systems are functioning properly.
• Drives truck to location for unloading in a safe manner
• Backs truck under batching or loading hopper to receive concrete.
• Climbs the ladder, approximately 10-12 feet, on the mixer truck to view the load of concrete for consistency and amount, to inspect the drum for cleanliness.
• Adjusts the trailer axle pressure depending on the weight of the load.
• Follows written and verbal instructions to include city street maps and has the ability to complete necessary paperwork.
• Maneuvers the truck up to deliver concrete to the point of delivery.
• Assembles concrete chute(s) weighing 35-50 pounds each.
• Moves hand and foot controls and understands and follows hand signals while operating the truck.
• Cleans truck after loading and after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck.
• Sprays surfaces of truck with acid compound to clean truck and drum in accordance with company standards.
• Reads, understands and complies with the Safety Manual and Employee Manual.
• Understands that attendance and punctuality are required each day of work.
Must have a Class A or Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL) and be able to pass DOT physical and drug screen. MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS
APPLY ONLINE TODAY AT https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1847099
| Date Posted
July 9, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| Start Date
| SOC Category
53-3032.00 Truck Drivers, Heavy and Tractor-Trailer
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Pension Plan
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
This job requires the following skills
- Other - Customer Service
- Customer Service / Troubleshooting
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position