Airlite Plastics is a premier, privately held, family owned manufacturer headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our family style and personal culture is what makes Airlite an amazing place to grow and build a successful career. Airlite’s company values of unquestionable integrity and respect and appreciation for each other are at the core of our success! These values set a strong foundation to build on where we can ‘wow’ our customers with innovative product and sustainable solutions, and continuously improve our processes and efficiencies.
Our product lines include rigid plastic containers and lids for food packaging, dry powder scoops, plastic drink cups, shipping containers, industrial strength insulated concrete forms (ICF) and sustainable permeable paving systems. As pioneers in our industry, focused on sustainable solutions, we strive to provide our customers with top-notch service and quality, which aligns with our award-winning products.
How would you contribute?
As a Maintenance Mechanic you are a key to continued growth and success of Airlite. This role is responsible for diagnosing repairs and maintaining injection molding machinery and mechanical equipment, to include robots, motors, pneumatic tools, production machines and equipment. This includes working with other maintenance mechanics and engineering to troubleshoot repair and implement new and improved methods to assure equipment is performing at peak efficiency.
- Detects malfunctions and discusses machine operation variations with lead mechanic to diagnose problems or repair machines.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Assists with set ups on new machines, to include, molding machines, and robots.
- Assembles, installs, and maintains hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- PLC Knowledge (Programmable Logistic Controllers)
- Ability to operate machine tools, to include lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machines.
- Ability to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, fixtures and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Maintains Airlite’s attendance standards.
- Adheres to Airlite’s safety policy.
- Must have own tool set (Industrial Mechanic Tools)
- Maintenance and repair of existing equipment related to department.
- Responsible for reporting food safety problems to management.
Do you have what it takes?
Airlite Plastics is a versatile employer; complacency is not one of our strengths! We work hard each day to ensure that equipment efficiency and customer satisfaction never leave our line of site. Successful candidates for the Maintenance Mechanic position will possess the following:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) from two-year college or technical school
- Or five years of successful maintenance experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fork lift license
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
- Ability to write routine reports in English.
- Ability to speak effectively with company employees and supervisors in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and ability to calculate figures and amounts such as area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to read a tape and calipers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Take the initiative to ask for and offer help when needed.
- Ability to work a minimum of 45 hours weekly.
- Works weekends and holidays, as required by company maintenance priorities, machine installation schedules and plant emergencies.
Our Core Values Drive Us!
- Do you conduct yourself with unquestionable integrity?
- Do you demonstrate respect and appreciation for those around you?
- Are you innovative and strive to challenge the status quo?
- Do you strive for continuous improvement and to deliver the “wow” factor?
- Do you care about environmentally sustainable solutions?
- Do you take meaning and pride in a job well done?
What’s in it for you? As a Full Time employee, you will be eligible for the following benefits:
- Hiring BONUS – ($1000 for 1st & 2nd Shift, $2000 for 3rd Shift)
- Weekly PAY
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short term disability
- Generous 401k match
- Generous Time Off
- Annual company activities'