$1,000 Hiring Bonus
Airlite Plastics is a premier, privately held, family-owned manufacturer, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our family-style and personal culture are what make Airlite an amazing place to grow and build a successful career. Airlite’s company values of unquestionable integrity and respect and appreciation for each other are at the core of our success! These values set a strong foundation to build on where we can ‘wow’ our customers with innovative products and sustainable solutions, and continuously improve our processes and efficiencies.
Our product lines include rigid plastic containers and lids for food packaging, dry powder scoops, plastic drink cups, shipping containers, industrial-strength insulated concrete forms (ICF), and sustainable permeable paving systems. As pioneers in our industry focused on sustainable solutions, we strive to provide our customers with top-notch service and quality, which aligns with our award-winning products.
How do you fit in?
As an Injection Supervisor, you are responsible for the daily supervision of production teams and machinery in support of production goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interface and collaborate with production and support functions to resolve operational and personnel conflicts to mitigate and manage impacts to production goals during operating shifts.
- Support production demands by ensuring the appropriate levels of personnel staffing based on machine scheduling.
- Supports production flow, output, and quality standards.
- Review and audit production reports and facilitate resolution of operational, manufacturing, and maintenance issues to prevent operational delays to mitigate unnecessary costs.
- Develop, compile, analyze and audit production goal objectives.
- Clearly communicates expectations to the team.
- Supervise personnel and operations to ensure safety and quality standards are met.
- Participate in problem-solving activities.
- Effectively audit, communicate, and implement company policies, standards of conduct, safety, and quality standards.
- Ensure training and validation for production teams.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of personnel including daily performance management, attendance monitoring, attendance management, development plans, retention, employee development, support of the onboarding process while acting with integrity and the highest standards of confidentiality.
- Uphold and support organizational goals and views.
- Perform various team duties as needed to meet production demands.
- Maintains proper housekeeping throughout all areas and keeps work area and equipment neat and clean.
- Follows all safety processes and procedures.
- Possesses computer skills necessary to perform the job.
- Demonstrates commitment to following all processes and procedures.
- Demonstrates Airlite’s core values.
- Effectively communicates with production management.
- Other duties and audits as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of related supervisory/managerial experience preferred.
- Passing of the Munsel Hue Color Assessment.
Supervises approximately 15 production employees. Directly responsible for the safe operation of all Injection Division assets. Performs duties in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Maintain a positive environment that includes coaching, mentoring, and motivating employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) from a two-year college or technical school, four years of successful front-line supervisor experience, or an equivalent combination of education is preferred.
- Previous experience in manufacturing is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, reports, and procedure manuals.
- Strong ability to perform calculations and root cause analysis.
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and triage work.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and non-verbally.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills as it relates to production and personnel management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interface and influence a wide range of personnel.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Color vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,887.00 - $72,842.00 per year
Airlite Plastics Co.