Summary: Maintains assigned areas in production and QA offices, break room, and restrooms in clean and orderly condition and also responsible for rail car hookup and placement of empty and full railcars. Additionally responsible for coordinating the shipment and receiving of regrind material.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and repairs physical structures of buildings.
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from Building Maintenance Supervisor or Manager.
- Repairs parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials, and concrete.
- Operates snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and sidewalks.
- Maintains and repairs buildings' plumbing including replacing worn or defective parts.
- Carpentry experience, maintaining and repairing wood parts and structures of buildings.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment.
- Drills holes in walls, floors, and ceiling for installations
- Welding experience needed.
- Clears clogged drains and replaces plumbing fixtures.
- Cleans work areas, tools, and equipment.
- Operates industrial trucks.
- Maintains Airlite’s safety and housekeeping standards
- Works weekends when required.
- Maintains company attendance standards.
- Reports food safety concerns to management.
- Painting duties both interior and exterior.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to write routine reports in English. Ability to speak effectively with company employees and supervisors in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Upholds and supports organizational goals and values.
- Take the initiative to ask for and offer help when needed.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSE: Rolling stock license required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance, and stoop and kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seasonally and moderately exposed to wet, humid conditions and heat and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
In this role, you may be required to use, handle and dispose of hazardous materials such as; metalworking fluids, alcohol, waste oil, and other routine industrial chemicals. Safety Data Sheets are available for all materials to which you may be exposed.
Airlite Plastics Co.