SUMMARY: Prior to job offer the candidate must satisfactorily pass a mechanical aptitude / reasoning test.
Through a structured, formal training program, he/she will demonstrate the ability to perform all job duties of a Packer, and meet minimal criteria for a mold specialist trainee to be able to set up and operate high-speed injection molding machines.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Mold Specialist Duties:
- Is certified to run all molding-related equipment in one specific area of the plant (8 weeks of training provided).
- Performs a daily “Beginning of Shift” audit of assigned area with outgoing Molding Specialist.
- Performs machine start-up's and shut down's to required procedures.
- Removes contamination from tip areas of molds to required procedures. Removes and replaces tips to required procedures.
- Provides product acceptability information to packers after completion of machine adjustments and/or color changes.
- Reviews production schedule, makes color and material changes during the shift in order to prevent overruns.
- Reviews with area supervisor and/or quality assurance technicians the floor inspection and diameter size check reports and follows up on items needing technical corrections.
- Performs quality inspections and documents product quality and color shades to assure product is within specifications.
- Communicates with quality auditors and/or Lead Molding Specialist regarding questionable product and makes timely adjustments.
- Monitors cycle times to required procedures.
- Responsible for quality, scrap and machine efficiency in assigned area.
- Maintains safety and housekeeping expectations, reports potential machine or work hazards, responds immediately to emergency machine problems, and insures the safety of co-workers within designated work area.
- Communicates with other shifts about machine problems, quality problems, and changes in molding process and handling.
- Assists in training and development of others.
- Responsible for reporting food safety problems to management.
- Meets safety, housekeeping and attendance expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school;
- Or one year to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mechanical and/or injection molding experience a plus!
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to write routine reports in English. Ability to speak effectively with company employees and supervisors in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic computer skills
- Upholds and supports organizational goals and values.
- Take the initiative to ask for and offer help when needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop and kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seasonally and moderately exposed to humid conditions and heat. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, the risk of electrical shock and exposure to extreme molten plastic temperature. The employee is frequently exposed to height of 8-10 feet and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
Pre-Employment Drug Screening, Post Offer Physical and Criminal Background Checking are all part of our hiring process.