IT Support Specialist
College of Saint Mary Omaha, NE
As the leader of the IT Help desk for college of Saint Mary, this position provides support of computer hardware and software for the college, including faculty, staff, and students. Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success. We are looking for a dynamic individual capable of quickly assessing customer needs and assigning appropriate remedies. The ideal candidate will possess technical skill to support user with the ability to build and empower a team of student workers to create exceptional experiences for students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide general technical support for the College of Saint Mary faculty, staff and students.
- Installs and maintains classroom and desktop software and hardware and maintains equipment (computers, printers, scanners, projectors, etc.).
- Provides Audio/Video support to college community and responds to day-to-day inquiries.
- Monitors campus Help Desk and responds to support requests.
- Provides a high level of customer service in a fast-paced
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3 years’ minimum experience in help desk support
- Thorough knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 is a must
- Must have experience imaging new computers as well as backing up and restoring user profiles.
- Thorough Knowledge of MS Office; Active Directory is a plus
- Knowledge of PC hardware and software support tools and techniques
- Knowledge of networking, Internet and computer science technology
- Knowledge of Mitel IP Phone support is a plus
- General knowledge of audio/video troubleshooting
- Ability to train and teach others in use of software
- A friendly personality with excellent communications skills
Education and Experience
- Required: High School diploma. Three years of experience in computer support.
- Preferred: Associate’s degree in Computer Technology. 5 years’ experience in computer support. Experience with computer hardware maintenance and software applications.
Minimum Salary: $37,000
Please apply using the following link. Please have a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references, including one supervisor, ready to upload during the application process.
Application: IT Support Specialist
| Date Posted
August 14, 2019
| Date Closes
September 13, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category
15-1041.00 Computer Support Specialists
This job offers the following benefits
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Fitness Classes
- Free Parking
- Health Fair
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities
This job is related other jobs in these career categories