General Position Responsibilities:
Under direct supervision, provides daily project support to Infrastructure Integrity, which includes Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data entry, scanning, filing of documents, and other special projects as assigned. Accuracy and attention to detail are critical skills and must be a part of daily activities.
1. Completed a minimum of one (1) year of college level coursework, preferably in geography, information technology, engineering, or a closely related or technical field of study. Must be currently enrolled in a relevant undergraduate program or if a recent graduate, must be pursuing post graduate hours.
2. Previous experience with ESRI GIS software is preferred.
3. Excellent personal computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Aptitude and willingness to work with new software.
4. Experience with Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software is preferred.
5. Ability to learn new or upgraded computer software as required.
6. Exceptional organizational skills including ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks, and adapt quickly to changing work demands and interruptions.
7. Must exhibit good analytical ability.
8. Ability to work independently on a consistent basis is preferred.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills to assist internal and external customers, co-workers, and management professionally, regardless of provocation.
10. Work is primarily performed in an office setting amid normal conditions of dust, odors, fumes, office lighting and noise.
11. Employees in this position are covered under the Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol testing provisions. This includes random testing.
1. Analyze water and gas leak reports or water and gas service cards and populate key fields in GIS from the data on these forms.
2. Process various records and drawings into GIS as needed.
3. Assist with transfer of documents to permanent electronic storage.
4. Assist with miscellaneous special projects as needed.
5. Understand and comply with all pertinent District policies and procedures.
6. Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
*Please ensure the application is filled out thoroughly to be considered for this position
An Equal Opportunity Employer “Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation"
|Date Posted||January 13, 2023|
|Date Closes||May 31, 2023|
|Start Date||February 20, 2023|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Casual / Contingent Internship|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, $$21.50 - $$21.50|
|Hours||Open to school schedule hours per week|
|SOC Category||25-9031.01 Instructional Designers and Technologists|
|Address||3100 S 61st Avenue|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha NE 68106|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories