General Position Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, supports communication and customer outreach functions at the District. Responsible for assisting Business Development with the strategy and design various initiatives including but not limited to community gardens, irrigation program incentives, etc. Additionally, will assist the Manager, Customer Engagement with documentation and correspondence related to the Lead and Copper Rule Revisions (LCRR). This work will include developing a tracking mechanism for letters, fliers, and brochures. Also, will assist with tracking of lead service replacements.
1. One (1) year of college completed with a study emphasis in communications, public relations, or a related field. If a recent graduate, must be pursuing post graduate hours.
2. Strong organizational skills; attention to accuracy and details.
3. Must be a self-starter.
4. Ability to work with limited supervision.
5. Ability to work on several projects at one time and meet deadlines.
6. Proficiency in computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and knowledge of enterprise software.
7. Ability to learn new or upgraded computer software as required.
8. Work is primarily performed in an office setting amid normal conditions of dust, odors, fumes, office lighting and noises. Some outside work required dependent upon project.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills to assist internal and external customers, co-workers, and management professionally, regardless of provocation.
10. Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
11. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be necessary.
1. Collaborate with Business Development staff to create and implement a program to assist community gardens. This may include coordinating meetings, creating, and organizing documents and researching best practices from established programs.
2. Provide planning and presentation support for District-hosted events with irrigation contractors and companies to educate and facilitate the reduction of peak pumpage of water during periods of high demand.
3. Assist the Manager, Customer Engagement with the District’s outreach program for Lead and Copper Rule Revisions (LCRR). This includes creating and updating spreadsheets, facilitating the printing, and mailing of outreach materials, and accurate tracking and scheduling of lead service replacements.
4. Provide support to Customer Engagement staff, as directed.
5. Various administrative tasks, including but not limited to data entry, mailings, department inventory.
6. Understand and comply with all pertinent District policies and procedures.
7. Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
*Please ensure the application is filled out thoroughly to be considered for this position
An Equal Opportunity Employer “Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation"
|Date Posted||January 13, 2023|
|Date Closes||May 31, 2023|
|Start Date||February 27, 2023|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Casual / Contingent Internship|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, $$21..50 - $$21.50|
|Hours||open hours per week|
|SOC Category||15-1099.10 Business Intelligence Analysts|
|Address||3100 S 61st Avenue|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha NE 68106|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories