Under close supervision, the ERP Technical/Functional Analyst Trainee provides support to departments and end-users utilizing the ERP/GIS systems in their daily and regular business operations. Using standard business methodologies and processes, the Trainee may gather, analyze, and document business rules and requirements for assigned work. Works with more experienced Analysts during the implementation of solutions to meet identified business needs, including the accurate implementation of District policy, practice, and process within the ERP/GIS systems. May conduct unit testing. May create technical documentation.
1.Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Geography, Engineering,Business, or a related field. District employees with 1 to 3 years of sound business processknowledge will be considered.
2.Academic knowledge or introductory experience in one or more core business functionalareas OR hands-on software development, configuration, or Geospatial InformationSystems.
3.Meet the requirements of the ERP Technical Functional Analyst 1 job within 3 years.
4.Excellent written and verbal communication skills to assist internal and external customers,co-workers and management professionally, regardless of provocation.
5.Capable of organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks and requests in order to meetdeadlines.
6.Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
7.Ability to listen, comprehend, and effectively document business user needs.
8.Work occurs in a normal business environment, but the requirements of the job willnecessitate being available to support critical systems 24x7x365.
9.Proficiency in computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, andknowledge of enterprise software.
10.Ability to learn new or upgraded computer software as required.
11.Excellent written and verbal communication skills to assist internal and external customers,co-workers, and management professionally, regardless of provocation.
12.Efficiently and effectively speak, read, write and comprehend English.
In order to effectively contribute to the objectives of the District, the ERP Technical/Functional Analyst Trainee is accountable and responsible for:
1. Learn one or more functional areas and District applications under the mentorship of more experienced analysts.
2. Participate in and becoming proficient in the execution of District methodologies and procedures throughout all phases of the system development lifecycle.
3. Demonstrate the ability to work directly with end users to gather and document requirements.
4. Develop proficient use of District tools in the execution of assignments.
5. Act within the spirit of District and Department values.
6. Understand and comply with all pertinent District Policies and Procedures.
7. Fulfill responsibilities common to all Supervisory, Professional, and Administrative positions as stated.
8. Performs a variety of other duties as required.
In contributing to the objectives of the District, the ERP Technical/Functional Analyst Trainee is responsible for effecting constructive relationships with:
1. IT management and staff within and across teams to learn from and collaborate on initiatives.
2. Business end users in the execution of assignments.
An Equal Opportunity Employer “Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation"