General Position Responsibilities:
Under direct supervision, prepare CAD drawings for gas and water facility construction, enter record information into the Geographic Information System (GIS). The CAD Technician I must successfully complete all training and proficiencies prior to the end of a thirty-two (32) month training period, in order to be recommended for advancement to the position of CAD Technician II.
1.A certificate from a college or trade, vocational or technical school indicating completion of acomputer-aided drafting and/or design course of study, or the equivalent. At least two (2) yearsof relevant MicroStation or AutoCAD work experience, as primary job duty, may offset theeducational requirement.
2.At least one (1) year of cumulative MicroStation or AutoCAD work experience within thelast two (2) years.
3.Proficiency with MicroStation or AutoCAD, attention to detail and ability to translatecommunicated information onto CAD drawings.
4.Geographic Information System (GIS) course work and/or work-related experience preferred.
5.Ability to learn new or upgraded computer software as required.
6.Ability to accept written and verbal instruction; revise and update CAD drawings incollaboration with engineers.
7.Efficiently and effectively speak, read, comprehend and write English.
8.Experience and skill in operating various specialized software and office equipment including,but not limited to, Microsoft Office, large format printers, plotters, copiers, scanners and phonesystems.
9.Ability to communicate with and assist internal and external customers/co-workersprofessionally, regardless of provocation.
10.Ability to work overtime, including weekends as required.
11.Ability to work professionally and efficiently, with increasingly limited supervision forextended periods.
12.Work is primarily performed in an office setting amid normal conditions of dust, odors, fumes,office lighting and noises.
13.High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
14. Employees in this position are covered under the Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol testing provisions. This includes random testing.
1. Read and interpret maps and engineering drawings, especially as they pertain to gas and water facilities.
2. Prepare layouts and CAD drawings for gas and water main construction from instructions, marked prints and sketches, as requested.
3. Enter record information from proposed and as-built drawings, completion reports, service cards, and various other record sources into the District's GIS.
4. Learn the District's CAD and GIS standards, requirements and procedures to continually improve personal CAD and GIS skills.
5. Research District and other records to obtain relevant information to include, but not limited to, report discrepancies/variances found and facilitate changes as directed.
6. Clearly communicate gas and water facility record information (in various forms and by various means) to District personnel and outside agencies.
7. Copy and file various engineering records for various purposes.
8. Comply with and understand all pertinent District policies and procedures.
9. Train in the duties of, and advance toward progression to, CAD Technician II.
10. Perform various other duties as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer “Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation"