Mosaic provides a life of possibilities for people with intellectual disabilities through supports which are tailored to the individual's needs and desires. We support people to define their own happiness. We ask people how they like to spend their day, what they love to do in their spare time, where they want to live and goals they would like to achieve. We partner with them to make those things happen. These services are provided in collaboration with local, state, national, and international partners in 11 states and six countries. Mosaic is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. For more information visit www.mosaicinfo.org.
Direct Support Workers
Located In:Osceola, IA
Are you looking for a rewarding job that encourages friendship, fun and learning?
Mosaic is a faith-based non profit organization providing a life of possibiltiies for people with intellectual disabilities. Mosaic offers a competitive wage and a wide selection of benefits the employee chooses only the benefits they desire. Some benefits of choice include 3 tiers of Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance, dental insurance, tuition reimbursement, life insurance and paid time off bank. Mosaic does offer skill and job development opportunities.
* Training and assisting people served in their daily living activities, ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies and Mosaic policy and procedures. * Monitor the comfort and safety of persons served, ensuring nutritional personal care needs are being met. * Responsible for electronically documenting the services and supports provided daily. * Interact in an emotional supportive and therapeutic manner, practicing and reinforcing appropriate positive behavior.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL:
1. 18 years of age
2. High school or GED diploma equivalency
3. Valid drivers license with acceptable driving record
4. Ability to pass a post offer physical lift test, background check screening and drug screen.
5. Able to complete required mandatory training online and on the job with supervisor.
6. Prefer current or past experience in field of disabilities, day care or health care.
Mosaic offers a competitive benefits package including a free health insurance option! Other benefits include dental, vision, 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off and a wellness program. To learn more, please visit www.mosaicinfo.org.