Mosaic provides a life of possibilities for people with intellectual disabilities through supports which are tailored to the individual's needs and desires. We support people to define their own happiness. We ask people how they like to spend their day, what they love to do in their spare time, where they want to live and goals they would like to achieve. We partner with them to make those things happen. These services are provided in collaboration with local, state, national, and international partners in 11 states and six countries. Mosaic is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. For more information visit www.mosaicinfo.org.
ABA / Autism Support Technician
Located In:Wallingford, CT
We are adding an ABA Technician to our team at Mosaic and we would love to meet you!
Responsible for providing clinical skill and behavior reduction support to children (ages 3-21) and adults who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and related developmental disabilities in the home and community settings. Utilize principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to implement treatment plans, assist with parent training and be a support/advocate for the families of the individuals receiving services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Provide direct client care utilizing teaching and natural environment training opportunities
* Implement individual behavior plan during scheduled sessions
* Work effectively through challenging behaviors (aggression, elopement, self-injury, etc.)
* Complete accurate and timely data collection on Therap
* Assist with parent and caregiver training in line with clientâs individualized treatment and behavior reduction protocols
* Maintain client confidentiality and adhere to HIPPA standards
* Follow mandated reporter protocols and complete documentation of incidentsâ/reports in a timely manner/notify the supervisor of the case
* Collaborate with treatment team including client, parents, and caregivers, outside professionals/providers, and Licensed Clinical Supervisor assigned to the case
* Maintain and acquire technical knowledge by attending all required trainings/meetings
* Bachelor's degree in human service, counseling, education or similar field.Â * Experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and/or working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).One year of experience preferred.Â * A minimum of 1-year experience working with behavioral challenges (i.e. aggression, self-injurious behavior, elopement, etc.)
Mosaic offers a competitive benefits package including a free health insurance option! Other benefits include dental, vision, 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off and a wellness program. To learn more, please visit www.mosaicinfo.org.