Since 2004, Midwest Protection Services has been a local contracting and service company in Omaha, NE that provides sales, installation, and service, of low voltage protection systems for buildings. Our main specialties include commercial fire alarm systems, security, camera, access control, and door entry systems. While we maintain service in the Midwest, most of our work is in Nebraska and Iowa.
We are in need of another Design Engineer to help complete our designs for our installation crews.
On a day to day basis, the person in this position will be responsible for the following:
- Implementing CAD work requests that create and/or revise engineering documentation required to install low voltage fire alarm and/or fire suppression equipment, card access equipment, and security equipment.
- Implement CAD work requests by creating or revising floor plans, riser diagrams, & electrical diagrams.
- Verify accuracy of CAD work from the department.
- Understanding of basic electronics.
- Utilizes database to verify drawing revisions, record work status, actual work, and remaining work.
- Records hours worked on slated new/sustaining project tasks using the internal processes.
- Initiates CAD work requests on behalf of the Design Engineers and project team members.
The qualified Drafter must have a strong knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel, and word. Attention to detail is required. Good penmanship, spelling, and proper grammar, basic mathematics and Algebra are required.
As part of this position, the designer will also perform the duties as a project manager:
Tracking the progress of the each project with the field supervisor, contractors, and/or owners.
Obtaining and keep track of the required permits for each project.
Generating a material request form for each project based on the CAD drawings.
Creating purchase orders for each project based on the material request forms.
Receiving and staging the material acquired based on the purchase orders. (Some lifting and stairs are required)
AutoCAD experience is required. Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and Windows products are required.
Experience in the specific field is preferred but the right candidate should be able to learn the industry with time.
This full time position is scheduled to start as soon as possible. Qualified candidates must be able to interview and begin working as soon as possible. Applicants should be able to work well with others but also be self-motivating and know how to address problems before they occur.
Candidates may reply to this post with a resume via Careerlink, send directly to email@example.com or call our office 402-334-9900 and talk with Tim Rozmajzl about the position before submitting a resume.
AutoCAD Engineering Drafting Design Project Manager
|Date Posted||April 24, 2018|
|Date Closes||May 24, 2018|
|Address||4517 South 140th Street|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Department||Engineering and Design|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, $15.00 - $25.00, Based on Experience|
|Experience Level||Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||40+ hours per week; 8-5 Minimum, Nights/weekends as required|
|SOC Category||17-3012.00 Electrical and Electronics Drafters|
|Address||4517 S 140th Street|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68137|
This job offers the following benefits
This job is related other jobs in these career categories