Educational Service Unit #3
Position: School Mental Health Program Coordinator
Job Code: 7548
Department: Student Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director of Student Services
Staff Supervised: School Mental Health program staff, clinicians, and post-doctoral candidates
General Responsibilities: The School Mental Health Program Coordinator, in accordance with the ESU #3 policy and procedures, is responsible for overseeing all the operational and program activities of ESU #3’s school mental health program.
Number of Days Worked: 260 days, Fulltime
- No history of child abuse or negligence.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology.
- Current licensure in Nebraska.
- Successfully pass required background checks.
- Regular and dependable in person attendance is required and is considered a condition of employment.
Preferred Experiences, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in the coordination and administration of mental health service delivery programs
- Trained in, or willing to be trained in evidence-based practices such as Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, QPR, etc.
- Coursework and professional experience that indicate knowledge of mental health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, diagnosis, and treatment of major mental disorders and/or psychological evaluation techniques
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Ability to work both independently and with limited supervision
- Ability to work well with others and to provide both leadership and support to others in a team
- Skills in problem solving, crisis intervention, management, and time management
- Ability to communicate effectively and express ideas clearly both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in a variety of computer software applications, including but not limited to Google, Microsoft Office, email, and online applications
- Plan, supervise, coordinate, and manage the ESU #3 School Mental Health Program
- Assign specific duties and responsibilities and provide supervision to ESU #3 clinicians, post-doctoral candidates and other staff for the school mental health program, in accordance with their job descriptions
- Represent interests of the school mental health program with the organization’s administrative staff under the direction of the Executive Director of Student Services
- Collaborate with district and school staff to effectively support their multi-tiered system of support in the areas of social, emotional, and behavioral learning.
- Partner with Regional Behavioral Health staff to complete needed components for program funding and management.
- Provide direct services to students and/or small groups of students as needed.
- Maintain the highest level of client confidentiality, in accordance with American Counseling Association ethics
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of mental health clinicians
- Define, measure, and evaluate program performance data.
- Create continuous improvement based on performance data.
- Evaluate staff performance and identify areas of training needed. Collaborate with internal departments and external agencies to facilitate training.
- Establish and maintain community partnerships
- Regularly audit student case files to:
- Ensure compliance with agency, program, and/or funding service delivery requirements
- Ensure the highest quality of documentation and data collection
- Monitor the service delivery process for all students
- Complete reports and manage report writing, as needed.
- Prepare and perform presentations on various mental wellness topics
- Advocate for students and families.
- Demonstrate professional conduct, maintain confidentiality and pursue professional growth.
- Understand and comply with the ESU #3 Board of Education Personnel Policies and Employee Handbook.
- Communicate any concerns or needs to the Executive Director of Student Services.
- Provide own transportation to fulfill responsibilities of position.
- Dependable and reliable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
At Will Employment: Employment with ESU #3 is not for any period of time, and employment may be terminated at any time at the convenience of the terminating party, with or without cause, and with or without notice. Employment with ESU #3 is not governed by any express or implied contract of employment containing terms different from or inconsistent with those stated in this job description. The terms of this job description may not be modified except in a writing signed by the ESU #3 CEO.
Educational Service Unit #3