EDUCATIONAL SERVICE UNIT #3
Job Title: Health and Nutrition Specialist
Job Title Code: 2545
Number of Days Worked: 210 Days
Department: Sarpy County Head Start
FLSA Status: Exempt
Immediate Supervisor: HS Coordinator, Executive Director of Program Services
Staff Supervised: Health & Nutrition Assistant and Kitchen Aide
- No history of child abuse or negligence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferably related to one or more of the disciplines overseen
- Head Start experience preferred (minimum of two years) but not required
- Medication Aide certification or able to obtain within 6 months or LPN/RN license
- This position is eligible for VEOA Veterans’ Preference
- Successfully pass required background checks.
- Regular and dependable in person attendance is required.
- Understand and comply with the ESU #3 Board of Education Personnel Policies and Employee Handbook.
- Maintain positive working relationships with program co-workers, specialists, and supervisor(s)
- Oversee health and nutrition screenings
- Oversee health and dental education, training, coaching and technical assistance to all Agency staff and families
- Develop and implement training for newly hired staff and substitutes related to health, nutrition and safety
- Review, analyze and evaluate medical records in order to identify health concerns
- Refer children with potential health concerns to the appropriate program staff member(s) or appropriate community agency/provider
- Supervise the monitoring of all program sites to ensure compliance with Federal Head Start Program Performance Standards, CACFP and state requirements related to health, nutrition and safety
- Oversee the completion of all food vendor contracts and bidding. Collaborate with food vendors and/or local school districts to ensure compliance with CACFP and Performance Standards.
- Supervise and maintain monitoring of meals and snacks as required by CACFP
- Complete CACFP training, annual applications, an on-site reviews
- Collaborate with Business Services in regard to monthly CACFP claims
- Supervise Health and Nutrition Program Assistant and Kitchen Aide
- Work with community health care providers, parents, and staff to organize and maintain a viable Health Services Advisory Committee
- Network with community health care providers to establish collaborations, contracts, and agreements for obtaining children’s health information and health services
- Cover EHS/HS classrooms as needed in times of staff absences and/or emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
At Will Employment: Employment with ESU #3 is not for any period of time, and employment may be terminated at any time at the convenience of the terminating party, with or without cause, and with or without notice. Employment with ESU #3 is not governed by any express or implied contract of employment containing terms different from or inconsistent with those stated in this job description. The terms of this job description may not be modified except in a writing signed by the ESU #3 CEO.
Educational Service Unit #3