The Site Director must have the educational qualifications and personal commitment required to serve as the program’s operational and pedagogical leader.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Early Childhood, Child Development, Elementary Education or a closely related field
- 3-5 years of experience in a Child Care setting
- Proven record of Leadership Management
- Experience with the implementation of Creative Curriculum & Teaching Strategies Gold.
- Knowledge of the Pyramid Model & Second Step Early Learning Curriculum
- Knowledge and experience with the NAEYC accreditation process and/or Step Up to Quality
- College-level course work in administration, leadership and management.
Westside Early Childhood Centers provides high quality early childhood education and before and after school programming for children age 18 months-6th grade. Join a team of passionate providers and lifelong learners providing programming for children and families in our community.
Westside Early Childhood Centers recognizes that young children learn best in an environment that provides opportunities for development and growth of the whole child: physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually.
Our goal is to provide high quality education and care for children year round. The curriculum revolves around the idea that children “learn through play.” Specially designed materials and activities help develop skills and concepts through directed and free play periods. Children are encouraged to be independent and experiment with their environments. At the same time children are allowed to be children and to use their senses to learn about the world around them.
The emphasis is on children making their own decisions. We want the child to learn “how to learn” rather than learning to wait for an adult to direct him to a learning experience. In this way children learn independence and valuable problem-solving skills that will help them throughout their school years as well as their lives.
Westside Early Childhood Centers are looking to fill a Site Director position at one of our 9 Full-Day Centers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Covid Responsible Employeer