Hiring bonus: $500.00
The Service Coordinator-Supported Employment is responsible for providing support to people receiving services from Crossroads of Western Iowa. This position is responsible for ensuring each person served is provided the opportunity to enhance their life through the process of a person-centered plan. The Service Coordinator-Supported Employment will report directly to the Supported Employment Manager.
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following essential functions:
- Coordinate the Supported Employment Program; assigned market(s) to meet standards of CARF, HCBS, DIA, DOL and other regulatory services. Abide by all company safety policies, Department of Labor (DOL) regulations, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations, Corporate Compliance policies, and Code of Ethics.
- Coordinate Quality Assurance standards in delivery of services in all aspects, including: accreditation and compliance surveys, compliance with Quality Framework requirements, and service documentation.
- Coordinate and effectively advocate for persons served with funding sources, case managers, CPC, social workers, IVRS and employers; ensure open communication channels with all stakeholders.
- Coordinate individual needs of persons served and maintain quality relationships. (Person served residential providers, employers, social workers, case managers, funders, families, guardians, staff, etc.).
- Write, coordinate, and implement behavior intervention plans
- Develop a person-centered plans (PCP), in collaboration with persons served, to achieve the persons served yearly goals.
- Coordinate CWI services and other services to meet the needs of the person served. Make written and/or computer entries into Therap as needed.
- Coordinate yearly staffings for persons served including their interdisciplinary team.
- Perform persons served intake, discharge, termination, and follow-up tasks.
- Seek the satisfaction level of persons served through yearly survey process and at individual staffings.
- Participate in the outcome measurement system through goal setting, data collection and evaluation.
- Provide support to staff to insure implementations of persons served goals.
- Provide written and/or verbal reports at staff meetings as assigned, maintain communication with direct staff.
- Coordinate funding, billing and tracking of direct service time in assigned service areas.
- Successfully complete assigned supported employment training; providing back up coverage when assigned.
- Be responsible to the Program Manager Supported Employment and keep him/her abreast of staff and persons served needs.
- Work a shift per an established schedule and be flexible to work outside the shift parameters based upon the needs of the business.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The ability to follow and lead by example the Company's mission to empower individuals and to actively seek out opportunities for an enhanced quality of life.
- Successfully meet requirements of the Crossroads Coordinator Competency Assessment Program.
- Ability to push, pull, lift and/or transfer up to 50 pounds.
- Possess effective problem solving, decision making and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and general computer knowledge.
- Be committed to self-development.
- Secure and maintain a certification in CPR and First Aid.
- A valid Chauffeur's license with a driving record that is acceptable to CWI's auto insurance company.
- Must secure and maintain a private phone.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Service Coordinator position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of this job.
While performing the responsibilities of the Service Coordinator ?Supported Employment job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and distant vision.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Work will require weekend and/or evening work as needed. Occasional conditions will vary as it will be necessary to be in various locations, homes of persons served or their families and funding agencies. Must be able to travel between locations and attend seminars which may require an overnight stay.
The Service Coordinator-Supported Employment will have the following experience and attributes:
- Associate's degree from an accredited college OR evidence of a minimum of 60 college credit hours, not to include mandated courses assigned by Crossroads of Western Iowa; demonstrated evidence of substantial industry related training's or experience may be accepted in lieu of education.
- Must hold or obtain a nationally recognized certification in job training and coaching within two years of hire. (Staff hired prior to May 4 2016 have until May 3 2018 to complete certification.)
- Complete 9.5 hours of employment services training through Direct Course(IACP) or courses from Association of Community Rehabilitation Educators(ACRE) certified training programs within 6 months of hire. (Staff hired prior to May 4, 2016 have until November 5, 2016 to complete training.)
- Following the completion of 9.5 hours of employment services training; complete 4 hours annually of continuing education in employment services.
- Two years' experience in working with people with disabilities in a service delivery related area
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.