Job title: Guest Services Representative
Department: Guest Services
Reports to: Guest Services Manager
Brief General Job Description: Responsible for ensuring 100% satisfaction from the moment a guest arrives at the hotel until they check out. Serve as the main point of contact for all guests requests/needs and then pursuing the issue to a resolution. The agent must exhibit courteous hospitality at all times and must be proactive in every area. Duties will include checking guests into and out of the hotel, revenue optimization, fulfilling their requests during their stay, answering telephone inquiries, making reservations, and other duties as assigned. Must have a pleasant attitude and excellent demeanor. Must work well under pressure. Schedule flexibility is necessary.
Essential Functions (Duties include but are not limited to):
• Responds quickly to requests from guests, supervisors or management in a timely, friendly and efficient manner and follows up to ensure guest satisfaction
• Possesses knowledge of reservation and billing systems, maintains and controls room inventory and availability and possesses knowledge of hotel products, rates, and special programs and emergency procedures
• Handles departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit; posts all charges; completes cashier's report, prepares deposit and counts cashier bank. Follows hotel's credit policies
• Be knowledgeable in all hotel facilities and local area.
• Revenue optimization through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for the guest.
• Maintains supplies neat and organized to department standards
• Log/Maintains security of equipment, keys Lost and Found Items, and supplies issued each day
• Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress
• Follows and enforces company policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
• Able to work independently, ability to prioritize and ability to multi-task
• Ability to type 30 - 35 wpm
• Requires standing/walking/bending throughout shift and able to lift, carry and push up to 75 lbs
• Great customer service skills, verbal, and written skills
• Able to demonstrate problem solving skills and ability to project a positive attitude over the telephone.
• Able to work all shifts and flexible schedules including weekends and holidays
• Valid driver's license
Work experience requirements: • Previous Customer Service experience
Courtyard By Marriott Lincoln Downtown