Build your career at Buildertrend, ranked #1 in Best Places to Work in Omaha 2019, 2020 & 2021!
Buildertrend is scaling its construction SaaS platform globally. Our software serves thousands of contractors across the world with more added every day. Were looking for a Software Architects to help our engineering team reach the next level.
The architect will see the "big picture" for our department, developing patterns and practices for the development team. Communicating the vision and developing buy-in will be equally important in this role.
The ideal candidate has a strong technical background and experience leading large projects. This is not a green field project, but rather a unique opportunity to shape how the Buildertrend platform serves its customers for years to come.
Things to look forward to
- Collaborate with other teams to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Develop high-level product specifications that can realistically integrate into the existing system
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Effectively communicate all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of maintainability, security, scalability, extensibility, etc.
The preferred candidates
- Proven experience architecting software systems in a collaborative environment
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Experience in software development and coding in several languages
- Knowledge of all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, development, testing, deployment
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members
Perks and benefits
- 401 (k)
- Paid Time Off
- Team Happy Hours
- Bottomless Soda Pop
- Relaxed Dress
Buildertrend is cutting-edge, cloud-based project management software. With nearly 1 million users across the globe, we empower the construction industry with a better way to build. Our software helps construction professionals build more projects while reducing delays, eliminating communication errors, and increasing customer satisfaction. From Estimating, Scheduling, and Change Order features to Client Communication and Document Management tools, our feature set is here to streamline every aspect of the construction process. As a partner in our customers success, our team provides unmatched support, every step of the way. At Buildertrend, we believe in providing an all-in-one solution to solve real problems, deliver real results, and change the way the world builds.
Founded in Omaha in 2006, Buildertrend is quickly becoming the industry standard. Buildertrend is changing the way the world builds. Using technology to bring all parties together, Buildertrend has quickly become the product of the future. The innovative solutions and team atmosphere are what makes Buildertrend one of the hottest employers in Omaha.
If you want to learn more about us, check out: http://buildertrend.com/about.aspx
Come be a part of the fun and challenging environment at our new headquarters conveniently located off 120th and I-80.
Equal opportunity employer
At Buildertrend, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Buildertrend believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a company, and seek to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
To see the complete list of Essential Job Functions, click here https://buildertrend.com/essential-job-functions-notice/