Build your career at Buildertrend, ranked #1 in Best Places to Work in Omaha 2019, 2020 & 2021!
The Senior Unified Communications Engineer’s responsibilities are to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of information systems that support both internal and external client core business functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing software, hardware and associated operating systems. The Senior Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit and value of technology solutions for our clients.
things to look forward to
- Collaborate with cross functional team members and vendors as required to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Work with team members, decision makers, and client stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to support system-related products and services on behalf of clients
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s and client’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems
the preferred candidates
- Excellent software support and troubleshooting experience with both internal and external clients
- Proven experience in the design, development/configuration, implementation, maintenance, and support of software systems, applications, and related technology products
- 10+ years experience with strong knowledge of unified communications, telephony, and networking.
- 5+ years experience server and application virtualization and/or IaaS (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Operating systems: Microsoft Windows Server OS, Linux: Red Hat, Ubuntu or CentOS
- Microsoft Active Directory, SAML and Cloud Directories
- Messaging and email: Microsoft Office 365, Exchange and Postfix
- Strong understanding of networking (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, VLANs, Cloud networking (SDN), etc.)
- Experience with scripting PowerShell or Python
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices
- Proven discipline and competence with best practices surrounding change and release management, testing, operational documentation
- Knowledge of applicable security best practices and requirements (e.g. Payment Card Industry – PCI, HIPAA)
- Proven track record in understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- On-call availability on a rotational basis required.
- After-hours and weekend work as required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as technology hardware and peripherals.
perks and benefits
- 401 (k)
- Paid Time Off
- Team Happy Hours
- Bottomless Soda Pop
- Relaxed Dress
Buildertrend is cutting-edge, cloud-based project management software. With nearly 1 million users across the globe, we empower the construction industry with a better way to build.?Our software helps construction professionals build more projects while reducing delays, eliminating communication errors, and increasing customer satisfaction. From Estimating, Scheduling, and Change Order features to Client Communication and Document Management tools, our feature set is here to streamline every aspect of the construction process. As a partner in our customers’ success, our team provides unmatched support, every step of the way. At Buildertrend, we believe in providing an all-in-one solution to solve real problems, deliver real results, and change the way the world builds.
Founded in Omaha in 2006, Buildertrend is quickly becoming the industry standard.?Buildertrend is changing the way the world builds. Using technology to bring all parties together, Buildertrend has quickly become the product of the future.?The innovative solutions and team atmosphere are what makes Buildertrend one of the hottest employers in Omaha.
If you want to learn more about us, check out:? http://buildertrend.com/about.aspx
Come be a part of the fun and challenging environment at our new headquarters conveniently located off 120th?and I-80.
equal opportunity employer
At Buildertrend, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Buildertrend believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a company, and seek to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
To see the complete list of Essential Job Functions, click here https://buildertrend.com/essential-job-functions-notice/