The Molding Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the molding department and its production leaders by monitoring quality, efficiency, safety, and troubleshooting.
- Assign daily work tasks for manufacturing Associates, ensuring proper job rotation.
- Communicate priorities of daily schedule and activities to assigned Associates.
- Coordinate assigned manufacturing shift efforts to optimize workflow and associate potential.
- Directly supervise manufacturing department assigned Associates, ensuring proper procedures and safety rules/regulations are being followed.
- Ensure Shift to shift hand off and communication
- Identify equipment improvements/repairs and initiate work orders.
- Improve standard operational work and system practices.
- Initiate and participate, as needed, in internal problem solving/improvement activities.
- Interprets company policies to Associates.
- Respond to and resolve associate questions or concerns.
- Update the daily production tracking system (floor schedule) and make sure shift data input is correct and closed
- Work with Team Leaders to ensure their tasks are complete.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Educational Requirements
- Ability to actively participate in problem solving activities.
- Ability to apply common computer skills includes MS Excel and E-mail.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written, with all levels of Associates.
- Ability to effectively plan.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and system documentation.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of Associates.
- Minimum of 4 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Majors Plastics Inc