Amber Specialty Pharmacy was recognized as the 2020 Specialty Pharmacy of the Year by the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy (NASP). We are honored to receive this award from such a prestigious organization as NASP. Our company was founded in Omaha, Nebraska, and is a rapidly growing specialty pharmacy serving patients across the country. We have 21 locations from California to Maine, allowing us to ship to all 50 states.
The Clinical Pharmacist performs duties in compliance with Company policy and procedures, state and/or federal laws, industry regulations, accrediting body standards and standards of performance. This individual acts as the supervising Pharmacist when the Pharmacy Manager is not present in the pharmacy and works in cooperation with all other Company employees. The Pharmacist provides clinical pharmacy services to the Company, client and patient through the appropriate evaluation of physician orders, compounding of non-sterile and sterile preparations/hazardous drugs, and safe, efficient dispensing of medications, supplies, and administration of equipment.
- Compound, dispense and perform clinical activities while maintaining sterile compounding and pharmacy standards for patient safety and effective therapy while following USP 795, USP 797 and USP 800 chapter guidelines.
- Review and interpret medication orders and prescriptions for outpatient or infusion center to ensure that dosage, route, frequency, potential interactions, and allergies have been screened.
- Provide clinical pharmacy services including, but not limited to: order review and verification, dosage regimen design, effective administration, pharmacokinetic dosing/monitoring, renal dose adjustment, and IV to PO conversion.
- Medication distributive functions, including, but not limited to: preparation and/or verification of medications, labeling, compounding, and dispensing.
- Assist with the implementation, follow through and administrative requirements associated with new clinical programs and all medications which require specialized monitoring via REMS, MTM, patient plan of care or manufacturer based- requirements.
- Drug information resource for prescribers, clinic staff, patients, other healthcare providers, and Company staff.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance monitoring, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous medications.
- Performs documentation duties in accordance with requirements of all regulatory and governing bodies. Mandatory education must be completed. Assists in implementation and compliance to policy and regulatory required record systems and processes for the pharmacy.
- Participates in pharmacy on-call rotation as assigned.
- Recommends and audits inventory level based on department prescription volume. Maintain a satisfactory on hand balance and days of supply, monitors the company's designated inventory system and reviews all daily purchases.
This list is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of duties. The intention of the aforementioned job description is to be used as a guide to assist in accomplishing company objectives, covering only primary functions and responsibilities.
-Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook. Knowledge of CPR+/Care Tend software is a plus.
-Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills
-Ability to read and interpret compounding, inventory, and delivery documents
-A minimum of three years of experience directly related to the job duties and responsibilities preferred
-Previous infusion therapy experience is preferred.
-Knowledge of state and federal pharmacy laws, as well as accreditation standards and requirements, preferred
-Knowledge of state, federal, and commercial infusion pharmacy reimbursement
-A Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy is required, Doctorate in Pharmacy preferred
Licensure and Certification Requirements
-Registered Pharmacist (RPh)
-Current unrestricted license in good standing in state of practice.
-Additional state Pharmacist licenses are highly desirable + willingness to obtain additional licenses will be required.
-Certification or expertise in specific clinical area preferred, but not necessary
As an employee of Amber Specialty Pharmacy, you have an attractive benefits plan, and these are just a few examples of our benefits:
Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays, Nights & Weekends Off, 401(K) Match, Paid Time Off, Career Growth, and Employee Assistance Programs.
We exist today because our employees refuse to compromise the patient experience and continue to provide the best customer service regardless of the circumstances. Amber Specialty Pharmacy is a growing company with a bright future. If you share a passion for healthcare, specialty pharmacy, or making a difference in the lives of patients, apply to join us today.