Amber Specialty Pharmacy seeks a candidate who loves helping patients integrating a love for pharmacy. We are a competitive company with the drive to ensure our patients have the best. We seek a Fulfillment Pharmacy Technician for our Richmond, Virginia location.
Bringing our national network to 21 locations, our organization opened 10 new pharmacies in 2020 to respond to the needs of patients and providers; we are a recognized leader in the distribution and management of rare and orphan drugs and diagnosis.
Amber Specialty Pharmacy’s goals revolve around the continued expansion of our presence throughout the country using Rare Diseases, Oncology, Neurology, Transplant, Immunology, Fertility, Cardiology, Inflammatory, and other specialties to grow our book of business.
Job Description: In accordance with state/federal regulation, Fulfillment Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in practice of pharmacy. Assists pharmacist in performance of other Pharmacy Department duties in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Operates pharmacy systems and software in order to obtain patient and drug information, process prescriptions, and perform other necessary functions on the system in accordance with policies and regulations.
Primary Responsibilities: 1. Reviews and researches invalid prescriptions to determine needed information.
2. Triages and resolves issues or concerns relating to invalid prescriptions, obtaining refills, unable to take prescriptions, and issues to the appropriate team (i.e. PA, appeals, funding, COB, clinical).
3. Contacts insurance or payer to verify coverage of prescribed medication is within defined perimeters.
4. Works with the pharmacist and/or nurse to contact providers and insurance companies to verify prescriptions, overrides and other approvals.
5. Investigates patient insurance benefits and other supplemental payer information in order to minimize patient out of pocket expenses; advocates on the patient’s behalf to identify and assess reimbursement coverage options for those with insurance.
6. Immediately reports prescription errors to the pharmacist on duty and adheres to Company policies and procedure.
7. Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention of the pharmacist.
8. Follows FDA REMS program requirements for all included products.
9. Responsibilities will include document routing of new referrals, refill prescriptions, new prescriptions on existing patients via portal, e-mails, fax, etc.
10.Use workflow software to record incoming and outbound contact attempts to patients, doctors and insurance companies.
11. Records the receipt of prescriptions, chart notes, and insurance information.
12. Documents dates and times received and any applicable authorization or pharmacy referral information. Appropriately attaches documents to the electronic health record of the patient.
13. Prints prescription label after pharmacist review.
14.Performs duties such as ordering, unpacking, checking, and storing shipment of pharmaceuticals, and supplies; processing claims for shortages/overages and damages in shipments, and returning outdated and overstocked merchandise.
15. Pulls medications, counts and fills prescriptions. Accurately compounds non-sterile prescriptions.
16. Corrects lot numbers in the computer system to reflect drug dispensed (as required), and logs lot numbers in perpetual inventory books for designated medications.
17. Maintains pharmacy temperature, humidity and cleaning logs in the pharmacy area.
18. Assists with inventory counts as needed.
HIPAA trained and the ability to work with and protect extremely confidential patient and employee information.
Certified as a licensed technician through a certified national program and maintains continuing education requirements to keep certification active.
Current unrestricted state registration.
Certification through a nationally recognized program upon hire or within state specific guidelines. Maintains continuing education requirements to keep certification active.
Completes additional state registrations as requested.