Position: Step Up Omaha! Director
Description: Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Step-Up Omaha! Director will manage and facilitate the Step-Up Omaha! Employment and Entrepreneurship Program; lead development of long-term strategic partnerships; develop, expand and lead the Step-Up Omaha! team; raise additional public and private funds to support the expansion of the summer program and year-round jobs initiative; facilitate planning sessions, meetings, and community forums; provide oversight for the administration and implementation of Step-Up Omaha!; and represent Step-Up Omaha with the media and at community events & activities.
The Step-Up Omaha! Director will develop, expand and lead a team to accomplish these activities:
- Lead the Step-Up Omaha team with emphasis on expansion in South Omaha, Council Bluffs and other areas.
- Administration including Database, Attendance and Payroll
- Year Round Coaches
- Education, Curriculum and Programming
- Worksite/Business Partnerships
- Lead efforts to recruit, retain and engage participants in the Step-Up Omaha! collaborative.
- Host, coordinate, and co-facilitate weekly and monthly Step-Up Omaha! collaborative and advisory group meetings.
- Lead team to increase the number of job opportunities available youth and young adults.
- Raise additional public and private funds to support the expansion of the summer program and growth of the year round jobs initiative;
- Identify workplaces and worksites willing to hire youth and young adults.
- Further develop the internship program with for-profit businesses.
- Plan and host an annual fundraising event and recognition lunch or dinner with Step-Up Omaha partners, employers, funders, participants, families and others;
- Manage communications with Step-Up Omaha! participants, media, and community. Communications to include web-site, social media outlets, e-mail, flyers, media releases, interviews with media, etc.
- Manage the communications strategy that encourages the community to help support efforts to create jobs and hire youth. The multi-media campaign will focus on career exploration, immersion, on-the-job training, employers, partners and other aspects of the program.
- Facilitate the successful implementation of the Career Exploration and Immersion Experiences including OPS, MCC and others.
- Continue the development of cohort experiences; including construction, IT, social media marketing, entrepreneurship, drones, culinary and others.
- Assist with the development and documentation of the comprehensive summer employment and year round employment strategy and plan.
- Track, measure, and report on the progress of the overall Step-Up Omaha! and employment collaborative.
- Monitor best practices from successful initiatives throughout the United States.
- Manage the production of reports to evaluate the progress and outcomes of the Step-Up Omaha! Summer Employment and year round Employment initiatives.
- Assure that third party, contracted evaluations are timely and completed with fidelity.
- Perform other duties related to youth and young adult employment as needed.
- As an employee of the Empowerment Network, the 2nd Saturday is a monthly village meeting and periodic evening or weekend events are also held for community accessibility and engagement. It is expected that the whole team participate in these events when COVID restrictions are lifted.
Bachelor’s Degree Required; Master’s Degree Preferred
- Prefer 3+ years experience coordinating and managing communitybased initiatives and strategies
- Experience in building community consensus and coalition building
- Excellent team builder
- Excellent communicator; Demonstrated ability to communicate to many diverse audiences using relevant communication mediums
- Knowledgeable and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Able to adapt to changes in workload and complete tasks while maintaining a calm and effective manner
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Organized and efficient with given tasks
- Possess a high level of ethical, professional and confidential standards