Were investing in your future more than ever with enhanced tuition assistance and an all-new student loan debt repayment program. As a new Caesars Team Member, youll be eligible to begin reaping the rewards of many of these benefits, in just 6 months with full access to all educational programs with just a year of continuous employment. Benefits include tuition assistance programs, student loan repayment, and dependent scholarship programs. We invite you to be part of the extraordinary and go All In on Education with us.
Additional benefits include the option to enroll in 401k with a company match, free parking, and a wide variety of team member activities. Team members are also able to enjoy free meals in our team member dining room while on shift. This includes sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, cereal and a wide variety of beverages.
Ask about our hiring bonus during your HR interview.
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to restaurant guests and restaurant staff.
- Engages in friendly conversations with guest whenever possible using the 10/5 rule: 10 feet make eye contact and smile, 5 feet greet and speak to guest. Provides personalized service and uses guests name at least twice during all interactions. Greets each guest entering restaurant.
- Operates a cash register/POS System, ringing proper amount into the register and giving the guest or server the correct change; accounts for all cash, charge and complimentary sales according to established procedure; maintains integrity of all financial controls and responsibilities.
- Keeps designated working area clean and organized, and assists in maintaining cleanliness of dining room, including host stand area, as necessary or required, in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Recognizes Diamond and Platinum players and relays that information to the host/ess and/or other restaurant team members to ensure they receive the appropriate service.
- Resolves service issues according to the service recovery toolbox.
- Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can give guests directions to all casino areas.
- Thanks customers, invites them back, wishes them luck and makes it easy for them to get back in play.
- High school diploma, GED or comparable experience.
- Prior customer service in a fast paced environment preferred.
- Previous cashiering experience in a high volume restaurant preferred.
- Read, write, speak and understand English.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policies.
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment.
- Must be able to accurately and quickly process all cash transactions.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. (Cash drawer, cash register/POS supplies, tables and chairs).
- Must be able to reach above and below the shoulder, grip small items (i.e., pens, money, credit cards), bend, stoop and twist while handling financial transactions; stand and walk for up to four hours; able to use hand motions when receiving payment and giving change, when using the cash register/POS system and when cleaning and wiping cashier areas.
- Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Able to work in constricting areas.
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights.
- Must be able to maintain a neat and professional appearance and uphold the company appearance standards.
Harrahs Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio, are looking to bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We know that excellent service begins with our team members, which is why we are all inspired by the companys Mission, Vision, and Values and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.