Caesars Entertainment is Blazing the Trail for our team members with an all new benefits program. Full-time team members are able to choose from five different medical coverage levels and four different carriers. We also have an on-site clinic for team members to take advantage of. Team members also have a variety of options with dental and vision plans, along with other voluntary benefits. All full-time team members are able to take advantage of enrolling in this benefits jackpot with their new career at Caesars Entertainment.
Were investing in your future more than ever with enhanced tuition assistance and an all-new student loan debt repayment program. As a new Caesars Team Member, youll be eligible to begin reaping the rewards of many of these benefits, in just 6 months with full access to all educational programs with just a year of continuous employment. Benefits include tuition assistance programs, student loan repayment, and dependent scholarship programs. We invite you to be part of the extraordinary and go All In on Education with us.
Additional benefits include the option to enroll in 401k with a company match, free parking, and a wide variety of team member activities. Team members are also able to enjoy free meals in our team member dining room while on shift. This includes sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, cereal and a wide variety of beverages.
- Prepare, sauted, broiled, fried, baked and grilled food items in accordance to kitchen needs.
- Perform various job duties that will include operation of grill, fryer, broiler, oven, French top, and blast chiller in accordance with kitchen needs.
- Perform preliminary preparation work in a timely manner.
- Ensures ingredient supply levels are accurate.
- Move items from shelves to carts and transport to assigned stations for restocking purposes.
- Maintains the required par of food items in their assigned station from support areas throughout the property.
- Maintains a sanitary and organized work area and ensures all areas assigned are clean and free of debris.
- Demonstrates proper care, storage, use and cleaning of all tools and equipment.
- Follows proper zoning procedures, returning/ storing product and equipment to designated areas.
- Demonstrates competent product knowledge by correct storing and handling of all perishables, maintaining quality, security, value and integrity.
- Prepares food products according to standard recipes and specifications and demonstrates positive responses to training by leadership.
- Effectively communicates with other team members.
- Verbally acknowledges leadership instructions, responds in a professional manner.
- Responsible for the daily cleaning and detail of all restaurant deep fryers, walk-ins, reach-ins, hoods, floors, all types of floor mats, garbage cans, ceiling tiles, air vents, table bases, smokers, warmers, pantry stations, hot lines, speed racks, mixers, stainless steel tables, table ovens and pizza oven.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding all State of Iowa and Company sanitation requirements (ServSafe).
- Supports safety and accident prevention programs (non slip footwear, knife handling, proper lifting).
- Adhere to garbage separation and disposal as per standards.
- Assists leadership adjusting work schedule in scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business demands to ensure optimal operations and customer satisfaction during all business hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Always presents oneself as a credit to Caesars Entertainment and encourages others to do the same.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred: High School diploma or equivalent; at least 3 years of culinary experience or formal culinary education required.
- Work requires effective communication in English, both verbal and written form in a professional manner.
- Work requires ability to work from a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Work requires a neat appearance with good personal hygiene.
- Work requires the ability to read, understand and follow recipes precisely.
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation. Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 lbs. Must be able to push or pull 70 lbs. Must be able to reach above and below the shoulder, grip small items, bend, stoop and twist while carrying supplies to and from storage areas; able to stand and walk for up to four hours
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, multiple tasks to be handled under time constraint.
- Must be able to handle a heavy business volume, and sensitive situations relating to staff and guest problems, in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds and air quality.
- Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
Harrahs Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio, are looking to bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We know that excellent service begins with our team members, which is why we are all inspired by the companys Mission, Vision, and Values and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.