Eating is a necessity by cooking is an art! We are looking for cooks to join our talented and creative culinary teams. This fantastic opportunity will allow you to learn from some of the best chefs in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area! With multiple outlets between Harrah's and Horseshoe Council Bluffs, there will be no shortage of learning opportunities. From casual to fine dining, we have it all and it's waiting for you!
Full time with great benefits. The Three Sixty Steakhouse is open for dinner service Wednesday thru Sunday.
Ask about our hiring bonus during your HR interview!
Caesars Entertainment is Blazing the Trail for our team members with an all new benefits program. Full-time team members are able to choose from five different medical coverage levels and four different carriers. We also have an on-site clinic for team members to take advantage of. Team members also have a variety of options with dental and vision plans, along with other voluntary benefits. All full-time team members are able to take advantage of enrolling in this benefits jackpot with their new career at Caesars Entertainment.
Were investing in your future more than ever with enhanced tuition assistance and an all-new student loan debt repayment program. As a new Caesars Team Member, youll be eligible to begin reaping the rewards of many of these benefits, in just 6 months with full access to all educational programs with just a year of continuous employment. Benefits include tuition assistance programs, student loan repayment, and dependent scholarship programs. We invite you to be part of the extraordinary and go All In on Education with us.
Additional benefits include the option to enroll in 401k with a company match, free parking, and a wide variety of team member activities. Team members are also able to enjoy free meals in our team member dining room while on shift. This includes sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, cereal and a wide variety of beverages.
- Administers all aspects of food preparation ensuring kitchen is clean, well-stocked and problem-free.
- Efficient preparation of all food-related items for both batch and individual plated recipes with attention to maintaining appropriate food costs, volume, quality, and attractiveness.
- Ability to perform the functions of any culinary task assigned within kitchen such as broiler, saut, Asian and prep when needed.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding all State of Iowa and the Companys sanitation requirements (ServSafe).
- Supports safety and accident prevention programs (non-slip footwear, knife handling, and proper lifting).
- Monitoring/implementation of garbage separation and disposal as per standards.
- Partners with Sous Chef to coordinate work flow during shift to meet business demands and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of applicable food preparation methods and measures for menu planning, soups, sauces, meat, poultry and seafood items for batch or individual recipes.
- Ability to cost out recipes.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills, must be fluent and literate in English.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to lift up to 75 lbs., tolerate areas of high temperature in excess of 115 degrees and able to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and stack.
- Compliance with all regulatory, governmental, and safety requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Knowledge of and compliance with department, property and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain health department standards and regulations inspection scores should be at or above standards.
Harrahs Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio, are looking to bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We know that excellent service begins with our team members, which is why we are all inspired by the companys Mission, Vision, and Values and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.