The Mid-America Center is the Heartland's premier entertainment and convention center. The multi-purpose facility is the metro area's link to the ultimate in live entertainment and sporting events. From rock shows to family shows and much more, the arena has hosted top names in show business as well as numerous community events.
Benefits include the option to enroll in 401k with a company match, free parking, and a wide variety of team member activities.
Ask about our hiring bonus during your HR interview.
- Works closely with F&B Supervisors or Managers to monitor Concessions standards and operational guidelines within the MAC and Stir for a specific shift to ensure consistent high quality service standards are maintained.
- Assists Supervisors or Managers with accountability for Concession attendants and bartenders for day to day operations to include: Leading team with proper open and closing shift duties, daily shift plan/buzz focuses, verification of daily cash receipts and maintaining food and beverage audit procedures.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding all State of Iowa and the Companys sanitation requirements (ServSafe).
- Monitoring/implementation inventory and proper inventory usage.
- Training and assisting employees with customers questions, core job duties, and InfoGenesis systems.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned and will assist with Banquet events as necessary.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills, must be fluent and literate in English.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to lift up to 75 lbs., and tolerate areas of high temperature in excess of 115 degrees and ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and stack.
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, and bright lights.
Harrahs Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio, are looking to bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We know that excellent service begins with our team members, which is why we are all inspired by the companys Mission, Vision, and Values and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.