The Mid-America Center is the Heartland's premier entertainment and convention center. The multi-purpose facility is the metro area's link to the ultimate in live entertainment and sporting events. From rock shows to family shows and much more, the arena has hosted top names in show business as well as numerous community events.
Benefits include the option to enroll in 401k with a company match, free parking, and a wide variety of team member activities.
Ask about our hiring bonus during your HR interview.
Responsible for processing, preparing and delivering guest orders. Operates a cash register, ringing the proper amount into the register and giving guest the correct change.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interacts with guests and co-workers in a helpful, positive, upbeat, and professional manner while taking food/beverage orders, accepting payment through cash, credit, check and delivery of order to guests.
- Responsible for the monitoring and replenishing of all food/beverage products in work area by stocking counters and displays in a neat, accurate and timely fashion. Prepares and pours drink/food orders with proper portions and ingredients according to recipe and presents drinks to guests or servers as required.
- Monitors guest consumption of alcohol and intervenes as needed according to guidelines.
- Removes and properly disposes of all refuse and debris accumulated in service stations in accordance with department procedures.
- Assists team members in their duties (e.g., refill ice buckets, re-stock coolers, attend to guest needs) as required.
- Ensures work area is neat, clean and sanitized before throughout shift by wiping counter areas, beverage stations, sinks, and floors as required to maintain a clean and safe work station.
- Partners with culinary team to work as a team to ensure coordinated work flow during shift to meet business demands and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Slices and pits fruit, and fills ice bins with crushed or cubed ice from designated ice machines. Preps popcorn, hot dogs, nachos etc.
- Maintains all equipment in proper fashion.
- Complete all assigned closing duties at end of shift. Removes and properly disposes of all debris accumulated at the bar or concession stand in accordance with department procedures
- Adheres to regulatory, safety, departmental and company policies.
- Resolves service problems according to guidelines.
- Supports safety and accident prevention programs (non slip footwear, proper lifting).
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding all State of Iowa and Company sanitation requirements (ServSafe).
- Presents oneself as a credit to Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to guests.
- Dress in appropriate uniform/attire based upon event/venue, occasionally a costume may be used.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Ability to respond calmly and maintain composure in high volume, stressful situations.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a team player.
- Good oral and written communication skills including tact when dealing with difficult customers, must be fluent and literate in English.
- Must be able to maintain a neat, well-groomed, professional appearance and uphold the company appearance standards.
- Adheres to departmental and company policies and maintains compliance with all regulatory, governmental, and safety requirements.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and stack. Must be able to run on level surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, GED or comparable experience preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds and air quality.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
Harrahs Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio, are looking to bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We know that excellent service begins with our team members, which is why we are all inspired by the companys Mission, Vision, and Values and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.