Caesars Entertainment is Blazing the Trail for our team members with an all new benefits program. Full-time team members are able to choose from five different medical coverage levels and four different carriers. We also have an on-site clinic for team members to take advantage of. Team members also have a variety of options with dental and vision plans, along with other voluntary benefits. All full-time team members are able to take advantage of enrolling in this benefits jackpot with their new career at Caesars Entertainment.
Additional benefits include the option to enroll in 401k with a company match, free parking, and a wide variety of team member activities. Team members are also able to enjoy free meals in our team member dining room while on shift. This includes sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, cereal and a wide variety of beverages.
Ask about our hiring bonus in the HR interview.
- Indirectly responsible for supporting back of house operations with the Room Chef.
- Monitors appearance of all foods and communicates deviations from standard to Room Chef.
- Provides information to assist in compiling budget, variance reports, weekly management reports, comp reports, linen/glass/silver/menu inventory and any other reports deemed necessary.
- Oversees all follow-up work to ensure non-recurrence of cashiering errors; works closely with Accounting and Audit to ensure compliance with established procedures.
- Provides the highest level of customer service, managing and resolving in person and phone customer service issues, in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Assists in scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business demands to ensure optimal operations and customer satisfaction during all business hours.
- Ensures regulatory, internal controls and policy and procedure compliance.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding all State of Iowa and Company sanitation requirements (ServSafe).
- Presents oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages others to do the same.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Work requires one year of restaurant/food service
- Good oral and written communication skills including tact when dealing with difficult customers, must be fluent and literate in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point, Access and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations with co-workers, guests and vendors.
- Ability to stand and walk, and mobility to move easily around entire property for entire shift. Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 40 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, multiple tasks to be handled under time constraint.
- Must be able to handle a heavy business volume, and sensitive situations relating to staff and guest problems, in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds and air quality.
- Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required. Will be subject to call 24 hours in case of emergency or facility need.
Harrahs Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio, are looking to bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We know that excellent service begins with our team members, which is why we are all inspired by the companys Mission, Vision, and Values and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.