Responsible for assisting the Count Room supervisory staff and participating in the dropping and counting the money that is pulled off the casino floor and other revenue sources.
Caesars Entertainment is Blazing the Trail for our team members with an all new benefits program. Full-time team members are able to choose from five different medical coverage levels and four different carriers. We also have an on-site clinic for team members to take advantage of. Team members also have a variety of options with dental and vision plans, along with other voluntary benefits. All full-time team members are able to take advantage of enrolling in this benefits jackpot with their new career at Caesars Entertainment.
Additional benefits include the option to enroll in 401k with a company match, free parking, and a wide variety of team member activities. Team members are also able to enjoy free meals in our team member dining room while on shift. This includes sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, cereal and a wide variety of beverages.
Make sure to ask about our hiring bonus during the interview process!
- Transfers drop devices from casino floor to count rooms.
- Removes drop boxes from carts and assembles in numerical order to determine if all boxes have been delivered and accounted for.
- Sorts, counts, straps, and records the results of daily counts in accordance to departmental and regulatory policies.
- Compares and contrasts totals from physical count to those entered in the computer as well as the numbers recorded on currency counters.
- May be assigned to verify, strap, and seal back currency.
- Prepares reports recording any discrepancies from the computer totals to the actual physical totals, while notifying the lead, or manager to any variance between the two.
- When assigned as computer operator, will enter all receipts.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Identifies different denominations of gaming chips and currency; also required to count and stock chips and currency.
- Retrieves full and empty drop boxes.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance on count room equipment.
- Notifies count room leadership of malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintains an ethical work habit in adhering to regulatory, departmental, and company policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Presents oneself as a credit to Company and encourages others to do the same.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Prior count room or money handling experience such as banking preferred.
- Must possess a team mentality with the ability to work in a secured and surveillance area for prolonged period of time with coworkers.
- Must have the manual dexterity to open small locks, grip as well as remove and replace slot boxes while maintaining a fast pace to meet time constraints.
- Must be able to maintain a fast pace under stressful conditions.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to lift up to50 lbs., and ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and stack. Must be able to run on level surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
- Must be able to carry a minimum of 25 lbs. up to 60 feet while performing the slot drop.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, for up to ten hours per day.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to maintain a safe working environment while being able to maneuver equipment in high traffic areas.
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds and air quality.
- Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Ability to stand and walk, and mobility to move easily around entire property for entire shift.
- Must have the manual dexterity to be able to type, grab, grip, pull, hold, tear, sort, reach, and file appropriate paperwork.
Harrahs Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio, are looking to bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We know that excellent service begins with our team members, which is why we are all inspired by the companys Mission, Vision, and Values and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.