Caesars Entertainment is Blazing the Trail for our team members with an all new benefits program. Full-time team members are able to choose from five different medical coverage levels and four different carriers. We also have an on-site clinic for team members to take advantage of. Team members also have a variety of options with dental and vision plans, along with other voluntary benefits. All full-time team members are able to take advantage of enrolling in this benefits jackpot with their new career at Caesars Entertainment.
Salaried Team Members can enroll in medical, dental and vision benefits at day one of employment. They are also able to enjoy Flexible Time Off at day one of employment.
Additional benefits include the option to enroll in 401k with a company match, free parking, and a wide variety of team member activities. Team members are also able to enjoy free meals in our team member dining room while on shift. This includes sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, cereal and a wide variety of beverages.
Ask about our hiring bonus during your HR interview.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises Caesars Rewards Cashiers and Vault Leads for assigned shift creating a differentiated service experience and ensuring optimum performance of all.
- Ensures that excellent service is provided to guests in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner.
- Builds guest relations through visibility to guest, solicitating/requesting feedback, resolves guest complaints appropriately and professionally.
- Understands department objectives, standards, guidelines, and budget to achieve effective supervision of the department
- Exhibits sound decision making with emphasis on motivating team and maintaining high morale.
- Supports team members in communicating and executing on components of Caesars Rewards program (Caesars Entertainment loyalty program) to existing and new customers.
- Reviews player screens and issues complimentaries in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assists team members in replacement of lost cards for guests and distribution of monies accurately to guests via check cashing, cash advances, conversion of coins, exchange foreign currency, and gaming chips into currency for gaming guests.
- Accurately completes all cashier paperwork.
- Knowledgeable of paid in/out policies and procedures.
- Understands AML and accurately log all transactions that meet AML requirements.
- Accurately processes Fast Cash ticket redemptions.
- Supervisory accountability for all team members for day to day operations to include hiring, training and developing employees which includes coaching, mentoring and appropriate performance management up to and including separation.
- Implements training programs, establishes methods, procedures and safety guidelines required to maintain desired standards, and high quality service, then monitors results through inspection. Makes changes if necessary to maintain end result. Provide continuous positive coaching for development of employees.
- Responsible for staffing and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business demands and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Adheres to departmental, company, regulator, and internal control policies.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years progressively more challenging role in cash handling role or casino operations; prefer leadership experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills required. Ability to print and write legibly. Must be fluent and literate in English.
- Previous computer skills preferred such as Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willing to work varied shift/days off as well as weekends and holidays.
- Maintains positive communication with co-workers on all levels and works as a team.
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations, including the ability carry up to 25 pounds, and push/pull up to 100 pounds. Must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when maneuvering around work area. Must be able to stand and walk for entire shift.
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds and air quality.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Listens and responds to visual and aural cues.
Harrahs Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio, are looking to bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We know that excellent service begins with our team members, which is why we are all inspired by the companys Mission, Vision, and Values and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.