Caesars Sportsbook, America's leading sports book provider, has an immediate opening at its sports book inside Horseshoe Council Bluffs Casino in Council Bluffs, IA! Do you love interacting with the public? Thrive in a fast-paced work environment? If you answered yes, keep on reading.
Reporting to the District Manager, you will be face of our retail operation. By providing a high level of customer service to both regulars and novice bettors, you will ensure everyone is made to feel welcome at our sports book(s) as a Supervisor. As an expert in our menu of sports betting options, you will help advise and answer customer questions to help them make an informed, responsible decision with their sports wagering.
- Help the Book Manager become aware of operational information that will help to maximize the profitability of the sports book
- Manage the operational cost of the sports book, with a focus on labor costs and inventory management/control
- Hold regular meetings with sports book leadership to develop strategic initiatives in the promotion of the sports book
- Mentor employees to help them become better ticket writers
- Drive and motivate the staff to deliver a high level of customer service to both regular customers and novice bettors
- Handle escalated customer complaints/issues as needed
- Ensure that the sports book staff is operating in a manner that follows all company and state gaming agency rules and regulations
- Prior work experience in a sports book is highly preferred
- Ability to motivate, lead, and mentor staff members
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Self-starter attitude who shows initiative
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, pull or push 25 lbs.
- Must be able write for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to twist, bend or reach with no significant boundaries.
- This position may be exposed to a smoke-filled environment
Harrahs Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio, are looking to bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We know that excellent service begins with our team members, which is why we are all inspired by the companys Mission, Vision, and Values and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.