Make sure to ask about our hiring bonus during the HR interview process.
Caesars Entertainment is Blazing the Trail for our team members with an all new benefits program. Full-time team members are able to choose from five different medical coverage levels and four different carriers. We also have an on-site clinic for team members to take advantage of. Team members also have a variety of options with dental and vision plans, along with other voluntary benefits. All full-time team members are able to take advantage of enrolling in this benefits jackpot with their new career at Caesars Entertainment.
Additional benefits include the option to enroll in 401k with a company match, free parking, and a wide variety of team member activities. Team members are also able to enjoy free meals in our team member dining room while on shift. This includes sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, cereal and a wide variety of beverages.
- Interacts with guests and co-workers in a helpful, positive, upbeat, and professional manner while taking food/beverage orders, accepting payment through cash, credit, check, and comps, delivery of order to guests, and bussing and cleaning of dining area.
- Responsible for the monitoring and replenishing of all food products in work area by stocking counters and displays in a neat, accurate and timely fashion.
- Ensures work area is neat, clean, and sanitized before throughout shift by wiping counter areas, beverage stations, sinks, and floors as required to maintain a clean and safe work station.
- Ensures and monitors rotation and quality of product for appearance and safe holding temperature and proper storage of prepared foods under refrigeration with product, date, and proper storage containers to minimize waste and spoilage and ensure quality attractiveness.
- Partners with culinary team to work as a team to ensure coordinated workflow during shift to meet business demands and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintains all equipment in proper fashion such as cappuccino machine, micros station, etc.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding all State of Iowa and Harrahs sanitation requirements (ServSafe).
- Adheres to regulatory, safety, departmental, and company policies.
- Supports safety and accident prevention programs (non-slip footwear, proper lifting).
- Presents oneself as a credit to Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- 6 months experience in food or customer service field with cash handling preferred.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills, must be fluent and literate in English.
- Able to be on feet for the entire shift.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and tolerate areas of high temperature in excess of 115 degrees and ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when stocking, storing and maneuvering around work area.
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, and bright lights.
Harrahs Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio, are looking to bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We know that excellent service begins with our team members, which is why we are all inspired by the companys Mission, Vision, and Values and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.