Harrah's & Horseshoe Culinary Academy
Cooking skills not needed - learn culinary basics in 12 weeks!
- Get paid $12/hr for training in the classroom and hands-on kitchen training beginning in February.
- Opportunity to make $13/hr as a cook in one of our culinary outlets including, JB's Cafe, Backstage Grill, Steakhouses, and Whiskey Roadhouse.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Ability/Characteristics: Should have high quality standards; be reliable; hard-working; able to communicate effectively with service staff, cooks, and cooks helpers.
- Must be able to provide great customer service to guests and fellow team members utilizing the Service with Passion behaviors.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, lift up to 50 lbs., and ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and stack. Must be able to stand and walk for entire shift. Must be able to maneuver up and down stairs and all areas of the property.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds and air quality.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.