Benefits include health insurance (based on full-time status), tuition reimbursement (based on full-time status), free meals, free parking, employee activities, and more! All employees are able to enjoy free meals in our employee dining room while on shift. This includes sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, cereal and a wide variety of beverages.
- Supervises all job duties to insure they are being completed safely.
- Must project confidence, fair treatment, and respect to all your employees at all times.
- Responsible for day to day operations of the steward department.
- Counsels, guides, and instructs personnel on the proper performance of their duties.
- Actively involved in the completion of all daily tasks and duties.
- Administers and maintains all controls for company assets.
- Ensures proper staffing levels for service and labor costs.
- Maintains all areas for a safe clean environment base on Health Department and internal standards.
- Acts as a role model to all employees.
- 3 years back of house restaurant experience and 1 year steward experience.
- Knowledge of heavy cleaning for kitchens.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must be able to be trained with heavy chemicals (degreasers, etc.) and to use floor machines as well as various other kitchen machines.
- Must be able to read English or Spanish (MSDS and chemicals are in those languages only).
- Must be able to be trained in all safety aspects of position.
- Must be able to work on a cleaning schedule independently .
- Strong leadership skills.
- Sanitation Certificate from local Health Department or equivalent.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to stand and walk, and mobility to move easily around entire property for entire shift. Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including the ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 50 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.