Now starting at $14.50!
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for maintaining security protection on property, including money transactions, customer service and performing command center/dispatch Functions.
- Check ID's and ensure all guests are at least 21 years of age to enter the casino.
- Observe and report disruptive or intoxicated persons.
- Respond to security concerns in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Provide medical attention in emergency situations to guests.
- Provide assistance and service to guests and employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate over dispatch radio.
- Maintain an upbeat and positive demeanor in all interactions as well as maintaining composure in handling difficult interactions.
- Comply with Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission Regulations and procedures.
- Comply with company regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Act as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, GED, or comparable experience preferred.
- 1 year of Security experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Good oral and written communication skills including tact when dealing with difficult customers; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain extremely confidential information.
- General familiarity with investigative procedures.
- Valid driver's license preferred to drive security vehicle on property when needed.
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations with co-workers, guests and vendors.
- Ability to compose clear, accurate, and concise reports.
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and stack. Must be able to run on level surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds and air quality.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.