Full time day shift, starting at $12/hr plus benefits. This position is located at the Hilton Garden Inn which is linked to Horseshoe Casino, near downtown Omaha.
Benefits include health insurance (based on full-time status), tuition reimbursement (based on full-time status), free meals, free parking, employee activities, and more! All employees are able to enjoy free meals in our employee dining room while on shift. This includes sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, cereal and a wide variety of beverages.
The Guest Room Attendant prepares hotel rooms by cleaning and stocking each room prior to a new guest arrival.
- Maintains cleanliness of hotel rooms, hallways, linen rooms, and storage/employee areas in the hotel as directed by Housekeeping Team leader and/or Supervisor.
- Makes beds according to standards.
- Dusts, and cleans windows/mirrors.
- Vacuum and clean carpeted areas and behind furniture.
- Cleans bathrooms including floors, sinks, toilets, and bathtubs.
- Supplies rooms with all amenities and linens.
- Assures that every room is set up according to standards.
- Cleans and maintains his/her workstation, including stocking workstation with chemicals, sheets, pillowcases, towels and all amenities.
- Fills out daily housekeeping logs.
- Enters proper code via telephone, to update checkout ready status for rooms when directed to do so.
- Turns in all lost and found items to ensure proper logging.
- Greets all guests throughout shift with the proper salutation and pleasant expression.
- Maintains and cleans all equipment used throughout the course of a shift.
- Follows all necessary safety procedures including Bloodborne Pathogens and Personal Protective Equipment. Must be able to identify and report safety concerns or maintenance deficiencies for proper handling.
- Adheres to departmental and company policies.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, secondhand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds and air quality.
- Must be able to operate equipment, including vacuum cleaners, mops and brooms.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.