The Mid-America Center is the Heartland's premier entertainment and convention center. The multi-purpose facility is the metro area's link to the ultimate in live entertainment and sporting events. From rock shows to family shows and much more, the arena has hosted top names in show business as well as numerous community events.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of exterior and interior of the facility utilizing appropriate heavy duty or specialized equipment (extractors, floor scrubbers, shampoo and polishing machines, scaffolding, lawn care equipment, etc) and proper cleaning chemicals as assigned. This includes routine cleaning, project cleaning (signage/light fixtures/vents, etc), painting, minor repairs, lawn care, mowing, trimming, sweeping, snow removal, and preventive maintenance.
- This position will participate in drills, training sessions, and perform duties as part of the emergency response team answering guest questions and assisting them to areas of safety during emergencies.
- Performs repairs of grounds and equipment.
- Supports the EVS department inside and outside of the facility with trash and debris pick-up and general cleaning
- The incumbent for this position is responsible for the safe and efficient use of department equipment and for maintenance of equipment
- Provide parking assistance during select facility events.
- Responsible for proper cleaning, storage and maintenance of department equipment.
- Adheres to regulatory, safety, departmental and company policies.
- Supports safety and accident prevention programs (PPE, LO/TO, BBP, HAZCOM) and informs Manager on duty of any safety problems or concerns.
- Presents oneself as a credit to Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires at least 2 years of experience in the field or related area.
- General knowledge of pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers used in landscaping and turf systems
- General knowledge of automatic sprinkler systems
- Must be able to operate mower, trimmers, snow blowers, vacuums, power washers, and all gardening tools.
- Ability to learn and comply with the laws and regulations affecting the casino and racing industry.
- Excellent customer and employee relations skills
- Verbal communications skills.
- Valid Drivers license and must pass a company MVR to operate company truck.
- Ability to operate company equipment and vehicles Knowledge of regulatory and safety standards
- Knowledge of and compliance with department, property and company policies and procedures
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Teamwork ability to work collaboratively with other departments and leaders to complete property/corporate initiatives and effective day to day operation
- Prior experience in lawn maintenance, janitorial or specialty cleaning preferred.
- General knowledge of chemicals, cleaners, strippers, and waxes preferred.
- Ability to operate equipment such as hand and power tools, emergency equipment, cleaning equipment.
- Good oral communication skills, able to follow directions, and have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively over handheld radios.
- Able to be stand, sit, or lay for prolonged periods of time.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, lift up to 75 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
- Ability to work at varying heights.
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondhand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds and air quality.
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in emergency situations.
SERVICE STANDARDS USED TO MEASURE A SUCCESSFUL EMPLOYEE:
- Successful or better performance against Performance Appraisal Standards.
- Teamwork ability to work collaboratively within the outlet for effective day to day operations.
- Compliance with all regulatory, governmental, and safety requirements.
- Knowledge of and compliance with department, property and company policies and procedures.
- Is proficient and participates in emergency drills and training sessions
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.