Full time shift available.
Benefits include health insurance (based on full-time status), tuition reimbursement (based on full-time status), free meals, free parking, employee activities, and more! All employees are able to enjoy free meals in our employee dining room while on shift. This includes sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, cereal and a wide variety of beverages.
- Applies paint, varnishes, and stains to interior and/or exterior surfaces.
- Prepares surfaces for painting by removing old paint, using paint remover, scraper, wire brush, or blowtorch. Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other filler, using caulking gun and putty knife.
- Primes surfaces as necessary.
- The incumbent for this position needs to choose appropriate paint according to the application of the job.
- Inspects, repairs, installs, modifies, rebuilds, constructs, and maintains woodwork, drywall and ceiling tiles and other related structures.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- The incumbent for this position needs to be familiar with a variety of the fields concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May lead and direct work of others.
- Performs necessary clerical duties with job and is able to read blue prints.
- Provide support services in other fields throughout the Facilities Department.
- Requires at least 5 years of experience in the field or related area.
- General knowledge of electrical distribution, HVAC, plumbing, Life/Safety Systems, boilers, chillers, emergency power systems, UPS systems, pumps, motors, VFDs, and Energy Management Systems.
- Working knowledge of computers
- Prefer prior Casino/Hotel experience.
- Ability to learn and comply with the laws and regulations affecting the casino and racing industry.
- Excellent logical thinking skills and strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent customer and employee relations skills
- Written/verbal communications skills.
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations, including the ability carry up to 75 pounds, and push/pull up to 150 pounds. Must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when maneuvering around work area. Must be able to stand and walk for entire shift. Must be able to maneuver in hotel areas, up and down stairs and reach above shoulder level.
- Must be able to maneuver in hotel areas, up and down stairs and reach above shoulder level.
- Must be able to work in areas containing second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds and air quality including dust and lint. Must be able to work in an environment that is loud, humid, hot or cold.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.