The Mid-America Center is the Heartland's premier entertainment and convention center. The multi-purpose facility is the metro area's link to the ultimate in live entertainment and sporting events. From rock shows to family shows and much more, the arena has hosted top names in show business as well as numerous community events.
Salaried employees enjoy Flexible Time Off and are eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits from day one of employment.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for coordination of all aspects of services for catering and convention groups by optimizing maximum revenues while ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Develops client programs by efficiently delegating space and providing specific information regarding room set ups.
- Prepares and produces banquet event orders, contracts and coordination of any additional outside vendors (flowers, entertainment, etc) and follows through with all aspects of convention group requirements.
- Assists with creation of menus and works directly with F&B Manager to ensure a cost efficient and successful event.
- Greets clients for each event and is proactive in resolving issues with the department or with client.
- Responsible for distributing event lists for all Food and Beverage employees.
- Property expert in Delphi system and responsible for updating menu and pricing changes.
- Sets up and maintains files and records.
- Enters Total Reward Credits, applies attrition, works with corporate on billing.
- Maintains communications and rapport with group guests and representatives to ensure guest satisfaction with an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Presents oneself as a credit to Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, GED or comparable experience preferred.
- College degree preferred with minimum 2 years of related experience in Tourism, Food & Beverage, and Hotel dealing with banquet/sales groups.
- Able to use standard office equipment and personal computers using Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Delphi, and event booking / scheduling software.
- Able to be self-directed in clerical projects
- Able to handle multiple tasks and adjust to change with flexibility
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Takes initiative when responding to inquires or working on projects
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Good oral and written communication skills including tact when dealing with difficult customers, must be fluent and literate in English.
- Must be able to maintain a neat, well-groomed, professional appearance and uphold the company appearance standards.
- Adheres to departmental and company policies and maintains compliance with all regulatory, governmental, and safety requirements.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and stack. Must be able to run on level surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds and air quality.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.