Eating is a necessity by cooking is an art! We are looking for cooks to join our talented and creative culinary teams. This fantastic opportunity will allow you to learn from some of the best chefs in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area! With multiple outlets between Harrah's and Horseshoe Council Bluffs, there will be no shortage of learning opportunities. From casual to fine dining, we have it all and it's waiting for you!
Full time with great benefits! Up to $16/hour based on experience, plus a $500 hiring bonus:
- $250 – after successfully completing 30 days of employment;
- $250 – after successfully completing 90 days of employment
- Following standard recipe and preparation methods as established while maintaining aclean, orderly work place and clean immediate area after completing a task.
- Ensuring that reach-in and walk-in refrigeration is clean and orderly, as is all other storage areas.
- Adhere tosafety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Present food according to plating specifications while ensuring that high quality andproductivity standards will be strictly maintained; ensuring specified portions will be used in all preparations.
- Maintain a clean, professional appearance and greet guests in a friendly, positive manner.
- Conducting self in manner that reflects credit on Harrah's and Horseshoe while encouraging others to do the same.
- Minimum of 6 months service as a Cook's Helper.
- Have high quality standards.
- Be reliable.
- Hard- working.
- Able to communicate effectively with service staff, other cooks, and cook's helpers.
- Must be able to prepare food items on a consistent basis.
- Ability to stand and walk, and mobility to move easily around entire property for entire shift. Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 50 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
- Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.