Full time day shift at Hilton Garden Inn, linked to Horseshoe Casino, near downtown Omaha.
Benefits include health insurance (based on full-time status), tuition reimbursement (based on full-time status), free meals, free parking, employee activities, and more! All employees are able to enjoy free meals in our employee dining room while on shift. This includes sandwiches, salads, fresh fruit, cereal and a wide variety of beverages.
The Housekeeping Lead coordinates and inspects hotel rooms and the performance of the housekeeping staff in order to ensure high quality results for our guests. They also maintain clear communication between the Supervisor, Status Board Clerk, Housepersons, and Guest Room Attendants.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors job performance daily, executes and issues room inspection and area inspection feedback to Guest Room Attendants and Housepersons.
- Coordinates daily room schedules and ensures rooms are updated on a timely basis. Provides updates to and from Status Board Clerk.
- Expedites and oversees Seven Star and Diamond Rooms as well as special requests from the Front Desk.
- Directs Housepersons including assignment of rooms. Accurately tracks vacant rooms, completed rooms and no services rooms. Checks discrepancies in Lodging Management System.
- Provides counseling and supports team members in meeting their responsibilities and becoming part of the team.
- Ensures all team members follow hotel policies and procedures.
- Motivates employees to provide superior customer service to our guests. Greets all guests throughout shift in an upbeat and positive manner.
- Ensures that linen and supplies are tracked and accounted for daily.
- Follows all necessary safety procedures including Blood Borne Pathogens and Personal Protective Equipment. Must be able to identify and report safety concerns or maintenance deficiencies for proper handling.
- Adheres to departmental and company policies.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Individual must be highly motivated and self-directed with a minimum of one year hotel/housekeeping operations.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
- Listens and responds to visual and aural cues.
- Maintains positive communication with co-workers on all levels and works as a team.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Must be fluent and literate in English. Bilingual a plus.
- Computer software knowledge to include Word, Excel, and Lodging Management Systems ispreferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to calmly handle stressful situations.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations, including the abilitycarry up to 75 pounds, and push/pull up to 750 pounds. Must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when maneuvering around work area. Must be able to stand and walk for entire shift. Must be able to maneuver in hotel areas, up and down stairs and reach above shoulder level.
- Must be able to maneuver in hotel areas, up and down stairs and reach above shoulder level.
- Ability to use chemicals without any adverse reactions.
- Must be able to operate equipment, including: vacuum cleaners, floor machines,carpet extractors, radio, phone, computer, copy machine, mop and broom.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.