Be a part of a spectacular event! As a Banquet Server with Mid America Center you will create a special event that our guests will remember. Your ability to work as a team player combined with your service skills and your engaging personality will ensure that our Guests have a memorable experience.
The Mid-America Center is the Heartland's premier entertainment and convention center. The multi-purpose facility is the metro area's link to the ultimate in live entertainment and sporting events. From rock shows to family shows and much more, the arena has hosted top names in show business as well as numerous community events.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way.
- Serve all food and beverage items for assigned banquet meetings.
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists.
- Have full knowledge of all menu items being served.
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Expected to work two shifts per month minimum.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to Caesars Entertainment Grooming Guidelines.
- Previous service experience an asset.
- This position is physical in nature and requires the ability to balance and carry large trays weighing up to 50 pounds, and maneuver in order to clean banquet areas, organize stock, and restock trays.
- 1 year high volume Banquet experience at a Hotel/Resort or Convention Center or 1 year high volume Restaurant Server experience.
- Previous point of sale system experience an asset.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift; Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting; Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps.
- Knowledge of wine service.
- Knowledge of table service procedures and table etiquette.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.