Full time with great benefits! Plus a $500 hiring bonus:
- $250 – after successfully completing 30 days of employment;
- $250 – after successfully completing 90 days of employment
- Administers all aspects of food preparation ensuring kitchen is clean, well-stocked and problem-free.
- Efficient preparation of all food related items for both batch and individual plated recipes with attention to maintaining appropriate food costs, volume, quality, and attractiveness.
- Ability to perform the functions of any culinary task assigned within kitchen such as broiler, sauté, Asian and prep when needed.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding all State of Iowa and the Company’s sanitation requirements (ServSafe).
- Supports safety and accident prevention programs (non-slip footwear, knife handling, and proper lifting).
- Monitoring/implementation of garbage separation and disposal as per standards.
- Partners with Sous Chef to coordinate work flow during shift to meet business demands and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of applicable food preparation methods and measures for menu planning, soups, sauces, meat, poultry and seafood items for batch or individual recipes.
- Ability to cost out recipes.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills, must be fluent and literate in English.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to lift up to 75 lbs., tolerate areas of high temperature in excess of 115 degrees and able to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and stack.
- Compliance with all regulatory, governmental, and safety requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Knowledge of and compliance with department, property and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain health department standards and regulations – inspection scores should be at or above standards.
- Maintain cleanliness of restaurant.
omaha jobs cook restaurant