- Inspects, repairs, installs, modifies, rebuilds, constructs, and maintains woodwork, drywall, and ceiling tile and other related structures.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- The incumbent for this position needs to be familiar with a variety of the fields concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May lead and direct work of others.
- Performs necessary clerical duties with job and is able to read blue prints.
- Provide support services in other fields throughout the Facilities Department.
- Requires at least 5 years of experience in the field or related area.
- General knowledge of electrical distribution, HVAC, plumbing, Life/Safety Systems, boilers, chillers, emergency power systems, UPS systems, pumps, motors, VFDs, and Energy Management Systems.
- Working knowledge of computers
- Prefer prior Casino/Hotel experience.
- Ability to learn and comply with the laws and regulations affecting the casino and racing industry.
- Excellent logical thinking skills and strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent customer and employee relations skills
- Written/verbal communications skills.