- Accurately count money.
- Accurately process Fast Cash ticket redemption.
- Successfully process Check Cashing transactions.
- Communicate effectively with customers in English.
- Exchange foreign currency, coins, tokens or gaming chips for customers.
- Redeem guest coupons.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Adhere to all regulator, internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Accurately complete all cashier paperwork.
- Process slot taxable jackpots, quick pays and no I.D. jackpots.
- Complete reserve and emergency coin fills as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of paid in/out policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by Lead Cashier and above.
- Show understanding of property and department policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to move coin bags and racks of chips.
- Willing to learn and be adaptable.
- Desire to effectively work with all levels of employees in the casino.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Time awareness and ability to take breaks in a timely manner as needed.
- Ability to print/write legibly and read English.
- Ability to accurately identify and cash different denominations of gaming tokens, currency, chips, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with patrons, subordinates and all levels of employees.
- Knowledge of AS/400 computer system, Microsoft Word/Excel, currency and coin counters, 10-key, and PC (EDT systems).
- Accounting background helpful.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Work around moving equipment and non-toxic chemicals.
- Able to stand and maneuver in confined areas
- Must be flexible with schedule; including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds and air quality.
- Present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of casino functions required.