Banyan Medical Systems, Inc. is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. We design, develop, produce, sell, and support custom Healthcare IT solutions. Our work focuses on the integration of real-time data streams in support of providing care givers, patients, and family members access to coordinated, holistic care information. We currently offer configurable solutions for procedural area integration (e.g. operating rooms), fall prevention, virtual care teams, and multi-source audio/video collaboration. In addition, we offer scalable custom solutions for addressing room to enterprise level collaboration needs. Banyan Medical Systems is an innovative Digital Healthcare provider looking for dynamic, energetic, accountable, and highly self-motivated individuals to join our team.
Managed Services Operation Location:Banyan Headquarters
Banyan Medical Systems is looking for professionals in the healthcare field who can learn the Banyan products and provide virtual care services to the Managed Services Clients. As a member of the Managed Services team, the Virtual Social Work (SW) Case Manager will coordinate the plan of care and provide comprehensive care coordination and oversight of patient’s care remotely on the Managed Services Clients’ inpatient unit(s). The Virtual Social Work (SW) Case Manager, in collaboration with members of the inter-disciplinary healthcare team, leads the development and implementation multidisciplinary plan of care for patients, determining appropriate patient status and level of care; ensuring effective quality and cost-efficient outcomes by performing concurrent and retrospective case review, and supervising the provision of the discharge plan of care. This position functions as the key linkage between the physician, staff, and hospital leadership in the day-to-day management of appropriate and efficient patient care and functions as an advisor to the physician with accountability to escalate cases to the Medical Director (as necessary) to ensure the provision of appropriate and effective patient care.
The Virtual Case Manager will collaborate with the multidisciplinary team, including Physicians, Registered Nurses, technicians, and other healthcare providers, for care coordination, education and virtual assessments on admission and discharge. The Virtual Case Manager will also be responsible for monitoring quality metrics specific to the department and ensuring complete and accurate documentation in the patient record of the data collected for those metrics. A high degree of professional competence and autonomy will be demonstrated in performing the roles of 1) clinician, 2) educator, 3) consultant/collaborator, and 4) navigator.
The Virtual Case Manager is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of the patient's plan of care from admission to post-discharge. The Virtual Case Manager utilizes clinical knowledge, critical thinking skills, and the principles of case management to coordinate and implement a discharge plan that meets the patient's needs and ensures a seamless, effective, and efficient transition of care across the continuum.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS: Case Manager
• Must have the ability to read, write, and follow English verbal and written instructions, and have excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, conflict resolution, presentation, time management, and positive personal influence and negotiation skills.
• Leadership skills to delegate, functionally supervise, provide direction/guidance to staff and hold others accountable are required.
• Must have the ability to work independently with a minimum of direction, anticipate and organize work flow, prioritize and follow through on responsibilities.
• Must have strong clinical assessment and critical thinking skills necessary to provide utilization review/discharge planning services appropriate to patients with complex medical, emotional and social needs.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy is required.
• Must have the ability to work in a high-volume case load environment and deal effectively with rapidly changing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to work constructively with a broad spectrum of health care professionals is required.
• Must be assertive and creative in problem solving, system planning and management.
• Proficient computer skills are required including use of Electronic Health Record and other IT applications.
• Must be effective as both a team member and a leader.
• General knowledge of supervisory principles/applications is required.
• Must have a working knowledge of disease processes, current treatments and their physical and psychosocial sequelae.
• Knowledge of individual and family development over the life span is required.
• Knowledge of the influence of cultural and spiritual values on health care is required.
• Basic knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and accreditation guidelines (e.g. CMS, DHS, Joint Commission, EMTALA) is required.
• Basic knowledge of government and private insurance benefits (e.g. Medi-Cal, Medicare, DRGs, managed care, capitation), including reimbursement requirements is needed.
• Must know child, elder and dependent adult and domestic violence reporting requirements.
• General knowledge of available health care and community resources appropriate for populations served is required, broad/in-depth knowledge is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Inter-Qual criteria.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (not modifiable); SW Case Managers
• Performs unit/department/program specific psychosocial assessments (PSA), and treatments
ensuring pediatric, adult and elderly patient’s age-related needs and coping mechanisms are
• Acts as Patient Advocate and resource regarding patient’s needs, including financial
• Facilitates family meetings; arranges meetings with community agencies providing services
to the patient; facilitates inter-disciplinary care conferences
• Cites applicable laws and regulations to staff and physicians pertinent to patient’s individual
• Provides psychosocial education and perspective to the inter-disciplinary team as indicated.
• Provides goal directed crisis mediation therapy to individuals and families to facilitate
transitions of care and linkage to community resources.
• Applying psychiatric assessments and recommendations from the Psychiatric MD and/or
LCSW Clinical Liaison submits applications for Conservatorship and completes this process
with Public Guardian office.
• Works with public and private sectors to ensure best treatment outcomes, as well as
completing necessary documents consistent with MSW scope of practice.
Department Operations and Professional Development
• Actively participates in department meetings and operations, including process development or improvement (e.g., department orientation, internal mentor/training programs and initiates, disease and population management strategies, appropriate measures for evaluation of outcomes) and establishment of department goals, objectives, and budget.
• Ensures all applicable department and regulatory targets for productivity and department performance process improvement are attained (e.g., hospital length of stay, average cost per discharge, and re-admission rates, etc.).
• Complies with all reporting requirements for mandated, risk management, and other medical/legal situations consistent with confidentiality policies and department standards.
• Actively contributes to the development and maintenance of a care delivery system which is sensitive to individual patient needs, promotes effective resource utilization, and supports physician practice, while emphasizing coordination across the continuum.
• Positively contributes to team’s decision-making process, effectively collaborates with other team members on interdependent tasks, and actively supports implementation of plans to accomplish team objectives.
• Prepares and conducts presentations to multidisciplinary teams related to special projects, case management, etc.
• Adheres to department and facility policies and procedures and supports philosophies and initiatives.
• Maintains accurate, current, and legible patient records using approved forms and format, according to department and entity standards, including patient assessments, plans, interventions, patient/family involvement, outside agency communications, and interdisciplinary contacts.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS (modifiable); SW Case Managers
• Actively participates in ongoing department interviews for RN/SW Case Managers and Department Assistants, effectively recommending selected applicants for hire.
• Recommends or provides necessary training to staff.
• Attends and participates in community-based committees and task forces, when applicable and staff is available.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Education: Master’s degree from an accredited school of Social Work required
• Prior work experience in a health care environment is required. Acute care hospital experience or recent internship strongly preferred
• Experience working efficiently with multiple computer applications in a fast-paced work setting
• Experience in demonstrating leadership skills and inter-disciplinary collaboration preferred.
• License/Certifications: National certification (ACM) in Case Management preferred.
• Special qualifications: Manage and communicate data and information in clinical informatics work environment to Managed Services Clients, nurses, health care providers and patients. Act as the liaison between health care providers and technology staff. Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to manage and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical problem-solving skills. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or regulatory agencies. Ability to lead, plan and delegate tasks appropriately. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to work independently and under pressure. Knowledge of government and third party reimbursement systems and contracts.
• Hours of work: PRN, Part-Time and/or Full-Time Non-Exempt
• Experience and knowledge of the following Microsoft System: Active Directory, Exchange, Skype for Business, and Office 365
It is essential that associates can support the values of Banyan and Managed Services Clients, and interact effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, and staff. Each associate is expected to demonstrate a commitment to core values, standards of behavior and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor always.
Security Access: Confidential Information:
Employees in this position have access to protected health information. The protected health information a person in this position can access includes demographics, date of service, insurance/billing, medical record summary information, and all other information that may be contained in patient records. This position requires patient health information to perform the functions outlined as part of this position description.
Ages of Patients Served
• Infants (Birth up to 1 yr),
• Toddlers (1yr up to 3 yr),
• Preschool children (3yr up to 6yr),
• School Age Children (6yr up to 12yr),
• Adolescent (13 yr - 18 yr),
• Early Adult (18 yr - 45 yr),
• Middle Adult (45yr up to 61yr)
• Late Adult (61 yr up to 80 yr),
• Late, Late Adult (80 yr+)
Employees in this position must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or service based on the physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned service area.
? Sedentary Work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10 lbs. force occasionally
? Light Work - exert/exert/lift to 20 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. frequently
? Medium Work - exert/exert/lift to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
? Heavy Work - exert/exert/lift to 100 lbs. force occasionally, and/or 50 lbs. frequently, and/or 20 lbs. constantly
? Very Heavy Work - exert/lift over 100 lbs. force occasionally, and/or over 50 lbs. frequently, and/or over 20 lbs. constantly
• The ability to constantly follow direction with high attention to detail is critical and essential to patient safety. Maintaining an emotional balance under the pressures of workload fluctuations and frequent interruptions is required.
• The initiation of a task occurs frequently during the work shift. Tasks are shift area specific and involve staff consultation, physician interaction, email communication, telephone calls, sending electronic referrals.
• Concentration is required continuously during the work shift. Although interruptions occur occasionally, task concentration is essential
• Frequently, the RN Case Manager must follow written directions while executing Policies and Procedures, reading memos and email. This activity is exhibited by the ability to remember and execute written instructions and seek direction as appropriate
• Frequently the RN Case Manager must follow oral directions via communication from management inside and outside the department. This activity is demonstrated by the ability to remember and execute oral instructions and seek direction as appropriate
• Attention to detail and neatness is required continuously. This activity is evidenced by preciseness in task performance and orderliness of the work area
• Problem solving, and judgment is required frequently in response to queries from coworkers and staff, inside or outside the department. The RN Case Manager must base the response or query redirection on knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, policies and procedures and personal database. Occasionally, this position must resolve problems of a technical or personal nature
• A continuous, elevated attention span is required throughout the work shift
• The organization of tasks via a systematic approach to changing priorities occurs continuously within the framework of the workload of demands
• Initial learning and memory retention are frequently summoned due to changes in practice to department activity. The RN Case Manager must be capable of applying new information promptly and consistently
• The RN Case Manager must seek to provide support to other team members
• The continuous motivation to complete tasks is required and this activity is exhibited by the initiative to seek thoroughness and follow-through while performing assignments
• Decision making occurs frequently within the framework of the workload demands, while exercising cognitive skills and determining optimal solutions to problems and then, setting priorities. The RN Case Manager makes decisions within certain prescribed limits. This decision making involves good judgment and embraces independence of thought or exercise of significant subjective discretion
• Frustration tolerance is frequently required during the work shift
INTERPERSONAL AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
• Develops and maintains positive, productive relationships with healthcare team members and representatives of community agencies.
• Develops and maintains positive working relationships with hospital unit staff and management.
• Relates with tact and respect to internal and external customers with diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds, some of whom may be exhibiting varying levels of distress.
• Actively builds positive relationships with internal and external customers.
• Uses effective communication skills with colleagues to resolve issues in a timely, positive, and productive manner.
• Willingly provides and accepts direct and constructive feedback to and from colleagues.
• Flexibly adapts to changes in the work environment and resolves issues related to assignments and department functioning in a timely, positive, and effective manner.
? Exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals
? Exposure to extreme conditions; hot/cold
? Exposure to dust/fumes/gasses
? Exposure to electrical shock
? Operation of heavy equipment
? Exposure to moving mechanical parts
? Exposure to x-ray/electromagnetic radiation
? Exposure to high pitched noises
? Exposure to communicable diseases
? Exposure to blood and/or body fluids
? Exposure to excessive sunlight or work outdoors
? Unprotected heights
? CRT (computer monitor)
|Date Posted||November 27, 2018|
|Date Closes||December 29, 2018|
|Address||8701 F St.|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|SOC Category||21-1021.00 Child, Family, and School Social Workers|
|Travel||Yes - 25|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68127|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position