Foster Care Licensing Specialist – Lincoln
- Is being part of a flexible, family-oriented environment important to you?
- Do you have a heart for children and families in crisis?
- Are you someone who is a self-starter?
- Do you enjoy coaching and encouraging others?
- Are you detail-oriented and organized?
Then we want you to join us!
Who We Are: Christian Heritage is a faith-based organization that works to fulfill its purpose of offering hope to children and families, and is known for exceptional child-focused family services offered in Central, Northern, Eastern, and the Southeast Service areas in Nebraska. We have been in business for 40+ years, and we are hiring to meet the dynamic needs of the community around us.
- We offer employees flexible scheduling in a family-oriented environment where we work hard but have fun too. You will work with a small team of authentic people who believe in what they do. You will have an opportunity to make an impact in the children and families we serve.
- We offer a full range of benefits, with healthcare plan options, and perks such as paid time off, recognition incentives and continuing professional development.
The Position: We’re looking for a Licensing Specialist that will support our foster care program in the Lincoln office in a variety of facets. This person is responsible for the systematic collection, writing and processing of paperwork while maintaining ongoing communication with foster families. This person will also be responsible for supporting, equipping, and educating new and current foster parents on how to effectively care for at-risk children and youth. Ensuring a safe, caring and nurturing environment within each home is essential.
This individual must have a heart for serving the Lord and compassion for the youth in our care. Typical responsibilities include:
- Preparation of family home study and evaluating the family’s motivation to serve vulnerable children
- Complete initial foster parent licensing, renewals, and addenda for currently licensed families
- Ensures compliance with regulatory bodies and communicates changes.
- Consults with management regarding the selecting of a foster or adoptive home for a child and the transition of that child to the home.
Bachelor’s Degree in human services—related field or close to graduating,
You must have a valid driver’s license, own auto liability insurance and a good driving record. Background checks, reference checks and drug screen will be conducted. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of basic principles of the Christian faith. Successful candidates are excellent with phone contact, tenacious, computer-savvy, have excellent verbal and written skills, be organized, and will fulfill the above responsibilities with patience, kindness, determination, and responsiveness.
Apply for Position:
Please go to our website at www.chne.org and select the careers menu option. Please complete the online application and submit when completed. For questions or problems with application process, please call 1-866-381-5437. Thanks for your interest!
Christian Heritage Children's Home